Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i sat out for the second time for 7 hrs this time with my yard sale...and again noone came. Sold nothing. I have a goal of $240.00 that it seems i will never reach! I mean in two weekends i have had this yard sale, even added to it, and not had a single person come. I am miserable now. I had signs up everywhere, grocery stores, laundrymats, telephone poles, gas stations, etc, etc,etc. My prices were low.....a bookcase for 5.00, kids clothes .50 ea, a coffemaker for 2.00, an ironing board for 2.00 and so on. I just don't get it. Yard sale down the street did great. and had higher prices, and such. ok, i am done venting, back to cryin'.:weeping:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Bless your heart. So sorry noone came. I know I would have! I love yard sales. :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and to top it off, I have a sunburn from bein out so long:bang: :weeping:

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I am so sorry Melissa, they just don't know what they were missing!!:hugz: Is there a consignment store you could take your things?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Melissa, I'm sorry your yardsale was not a sucess. :hugz:
Maybe there was no one because it was the first week-end we had nice weather? Did you put balloons on your front lawn? Music, maybe could attract people, a freebie box, when you buy something...just some ideas for your next try.:)

It must have been very decieving for you, to prepare everything and have no-one...(((hugs))) Don't discourage yourself, ok? Try again soon. :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me, a couple of years ago.:( Have you considered listing them on ebay? I have sold almost everything I've listed there. I did much better than yard sales. HTH.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Im sorry Melissa, I dont know why that could ave happened. I hate dissappointments like that! If it helps, I will cry with you!:cry: :cry: :cry: Keep your head up, one door closed, there is a window open somewhere, just keep your eye open for it!

·
27,948 Posts
Melissa, what is wrong with these people???? Wacko Wierdos??
Did you take an ad out in the paper? Maybe you could get together with your neighbors and have a block sale. That would bring them in.
Sorry you got sunburned.:hugz:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Awe Melissa, I'm so sorry. Maybe you could have a block sale. That always brings others out.

Second, have you thought of trying to have a yard sale here. List what you have in a thread and maybe there might be others willing to purchase of of your items.

Another suggestion would be a flea market. Is there one close by where you can rent a table for cheap just for one day. They have them in the city we use to live at, and you could rent a table for one day and everyone always sold most of there things. Just a thought.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
In our area as well, if you are not listed in the local papers, you can count on a very low or non existant show. Most people plan their day by the garage sales listed. I learned that the hard way. We had the same thing happen. I think that I only made about $20. Better luck next time.

Traci

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We were listed in the paper. the family down the street did fine with their yard sale, people were dragging their stuff off all day. i had music, streamers, etc. I don't think i am going to try it a third time. :(

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Try a Thursday or Friday EVENING sale....... They do great here, people who can't ususally go come.......

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I am so sorry. :( It sounds so like something that would happen to me too.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
sorry melissa!!:( do what lori said, try thursday evening!! or friday evening....maybe people on their way home from work would stop....(fri is payday too!!);)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Awe sorry Melissa. I would have surely came to your sale. I love finding a bargain!

·
Registered
14 Posts
been there and done that

I know what you mean. That happened to me once as well and I haven't had a garage sale since. I just send all my stuff to others and let it be. I buy from garage sales so go figure.

I hope that everything works out for ya.

Boo

:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts