Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I was thinking a bikini. Ive done a bunch of random knit pattern searches and came up with the idea. I googles "Free knit Patterns" and just went through the images.

anyone else knit just to knit regardless of the practicality of the item??

but first i have to finish my "DA Bears" hat for a guy at church.I'll take a pic and post it tomorrow, watch my thread "What's OTN at your house?".

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Actually... I dont think a bikini is impractical at all! I was actually looking at a pattern for a bikini for DD (I have seen one with glass seed beads.... now to me... THAT is impractical).

If you actually start the bikini, let me know how it is... and most importantly... how does it hold up to the water!!!! The last thing I want my Princess to do is show off her treasures :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I've heard tales about knitted bathing suits in the water :lol:

Maybe you could make it with Cascade Fixation (which has some stretchiness to it, some bounceback) then run a string of elastic along with it?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Missy,
Check out the Knitty Gritty web site on DIY. I think they have a bikini pattern there and they tell you which yarn to use so that the bikini doesn't show off one's treasures in the water.

I don't have anything OTN right now. I can't make up my mind about my next project. I should be knitting scarves for next Christmas..:knit:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts