Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited. I'm a first time mommy and my DSL just offered my DH and I a crib, bassinet, swing, other baby toys, and maybe some clothes (if we have a girl). These items have been in storage at her house for about 5 years now, since her daughter is 7 now. I'm hoping they are in good condition and we can clean them up and use them as good as new. I'll either want to get new mattresses for the bassinet and crib or we will buy one of those plastic zippered covers, the ones that completely conceal the mattress and then get a mattress pad cover to go over that and then a fitted sheet. I'm not sure yet, I'll have to see what condition these items are in. We are very thankful though, and even if we can only use some of the items it will save us some money in the long run.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those will sure come in handy. What a blessing.
Yes, it's a blessing that we were given such a big ticket item from family. I was pricing cribs and found one at Target that I liked for around $300. It's a crib, toddler bed, and full size adult bed frame. I thought the price was right for all the things this bed can do. Now we won't have to worry about a child's bed until we have a need for one. My mom has twin bed frames that have been passed down for several generations (so we will only need a mattress). I hope I can hand over my gently used baby things to someone who needs them someday too.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
That's wonderful! Have you seen the mattress yet? Most baby mattresses come waterproof already with vinyl type covering that doesn't hold allergens or stains. You probably won't have to worry about a cover.

Reactions: Marie78

·
Registered
414 Posts
What an awesome DSL!! It is great that you can use all that stuff and be able to save in the process!!

Reactions: Marie78
1 - 6 of 6 Posts