Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the RAIN!! :D

Well, it was really a yucky drizzle and there were only a couple of people there. I picked 2 buckets (about 13 pounds) and only took me about 40 minutes.

I got a late start because of the rain, then decided to go anyway because tomorrow they are calling for thunderstorms, and Friday I have 2 tests. So I didn't get home until 4 pm and because the berries were wet, I had to get right on them! :( I just finished cleaning the kitchen at 9:30!!

I didn't get all done yet. I put the last of them on paper towels on cookie sheets so they won't mold on me before tomorrow. But I did make 4 pints and 11 jelly jars of strawberry rubarb jam and 3 pints and 3 jelly jars of strawberry jam! :yippee:

The best part is all of them sealed!! I love hearing that POP!! :D

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Yummy! I love strawberry jam! I don't know of any place around me where I could go to pick any. I would love too.

Enjoy those jams and jellies!:)

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i love to pick strawberries too, but haven't in years.:( are ya gonna make some strawberry pies diana??? i LOVE strawberry pie.:chef: :chef:

·
Registered
58 Posts
YUM - E!

I was just saying to DH and the children today that we need to go get some strawberries. They all love strawberry jam.

Great work!

Kristin :)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
You have the jelly and I'm think CJ will make the bread and I'd be happy to help you eat it !!!!!!!!!:sly:

·
27,948 Posts
captclearance said:
You have the jelly and I'm think CJ will make the bread and I'd be happy to help you eat it !!!!!!!!!:sly:
Great idea Lori! Count me in.:D
Great job Dee! You'll remember being bent over, hard at work picking those berries in the rain when you open each jar. Worth all the work~ you betcha.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darlene,

I'm already 'remembering' the bending over part! My backside HURTS! :laugh: Nothing like discovering muscles you didn't know you had! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts