Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,
I'm so excited! My family and I had been watching the Country Music Awards several weeks ago and I mentioned that I'd love to go and see Brooks and Dunn in concert but knew we couldn't afford it. Well yesterday I won 2 tickets to last night's show!!!! Yoohoo! It was Ronnie Dunn's birthday and their 100th Neon Circus show so they had all kinds of special things going on for it. We got to see Jeff Bates, Aaron Lines, Brad Paisley, Cleatis, Rascal Flats and Brooks and Dunn all perform. Our seats were on the upper level but close to the stage so we were able to see how they changed the stage behind the curtain between each act (that was facinating).
When I won the tickets, one of my sons tried to bribe me to take him instead of DH! :laugh: Didn't work! So the boys stayed home and DH and I had a wonderful date that brought back many "before kids" memories of going to concerts! If any of you get a chance to see any of these performers, DO!!! They were all wonderful and we were so blessed! I still feel like it was all one big fantastic dream!
:dancing:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Wow, Debbie! Congratulations! I have never won ANYTHING in my life...seriously, anything, so I love to live vicariously through those who do! How exciting!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I am so glad you won and had a wonderful daye with dh.......
Congrats Debbie !!!!!!!!!!!

·
27,948 Posts
Good for you Debbie!Now that's a date.:)

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I'm drooling with envy! Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ladies!:D I pray that each and every one of you is blessed with a wonderful surprise!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
How exciting!
I went to quite a few country concerts growing up in PA. They are always fun. :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Debbie, that is so cool. It sounds like a wonderful night. I won tickets from a radio station some years back to go see George Strait :hubba: . They were in the orchestra pit front row center. I had the best seat in the house. I was close enough to see the small scar that he has under his chin (looks like a kid jumping on the bed and hitting the headboard kind of scar :D ). He was absolutely wonderful, I even got to shake his hand at the edge of the stage since I was right at the edge, and I got a guiter pick from one of the band members.

Glad that you had a fun date with DH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts