1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
344 Posts
Not really issues, but I can see the cuts... Used to there were family programs and more classes on base. Not so much anymore.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I've never seen anything like it. And I think I've seen the opposite as Lindsey for some reason. I personally have not noticed a cutback in the services offered to military families, and if anything I've seen more. The CAA for example, is yet another something that we really can't afford. (And I'm a total hypocrite because i took advantage of it for one ill fated semester.) It was around for a short time and ran out of money, and the stink was so great that they brought it back.

The GI Bill has been improved so that it (potentially) dishes out more cash.

We now have a program to help military families deal with the fact that they bought a house when they shouldn't have and can't move because they're underwater.

As far as on base stuff, I don't notice most of that because I don't usually use it but there still seems to be a lot of options.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I talked to dd this morning...she has drill this weekend (ID NG) but she said they *thought* it was going to be cancelled, but the budget was put on hold...or something?? Anyway..they still have drill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.