Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not certain if anyone has posted this, but I figured it'd be worth sharing anyways.

I'm a long time IBS sufferer. Couple that with PMS cramps, and my IBS becomes almost intolerable sometimes. I have pains so bad sometimes that I end up laying in the fetal position because I can't move.

So a friend of mine suggested that I try something out. He says that in the last few days of him trying it, he's able to eat certain foods again. This includes ice cream and pizza! I have certain other foods that I cannot tolerate with my IBS and I figured I would test it out too.

So last night, after some homemade pork fried rice (rice is a trigger for me), I stirred one scoop of Metamucil into 8oz of cold water. I stirred it and drank it all in one shot. I felt absolutely wonderful afterwards! Today, no agonizing pain from the onions or celery or rice I had last night. Tonight, I had chicken parmesan and pasta with salad on the side. Once again, I took the same amount of Metamucil after dinner. The result? Salad normally keels me over in agony. This time? Nope. The ice cream I had a few minutes ago would torture me. But not now. :) There's no stomach bloat. There are no spasms. It feels better than ever!

Of course, I bought the generic stuff and it works as good as the brand name stuff.

So if you guys/gals have IBS and can't find relief, try some Metamucil. :D

·
Banned
952 Posts
I know some folks drink tea made from strawberry leaves. I don't have that problem but it sounds awful. Supposedly strawberry leaf tea is good for upset tummies too. I'm lucky I don't have any of those troubles ( yet).
It's good to know you found something. I'll let others know if I come across them

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm glad you found something that works! My "IBS" left after I had my appendectomy.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have suffered from IBS for years — since I was 10. I found that when I hit the fetal position Metamucil was the only thing that made the pain go away. Haven't had a problem for about 6 years until this spring. Need to get back on the Metamucil!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts