Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iced Coffee - HM version of McDonald's

Recipe Description
My homemade version of the McDonald's Iced Coffee.

Recipe is very basic but I couldn't quite hit the exact cream match. I normally use 5% and McDonald's uses 18%. I find that too rich for me and 10% was just creamy enough. :)

They also use liquid sugar in theirs but I opt not to have it OR use a packet of Splenda instead.​
Preparation Steps:
Brew a pot of regular coffee - of your desired flavour and strength - and let cool on counter for a couple of hours then chill in fridge overnight.​
Level of Difficulty:
Easy​
Time Needed:
1 minute​
Ingredients:
* freshly brewed coffee (preferably chilled)
* 10% cream
* sweetener to taste (sugar, splenda, honey, agave etc)
* ice if desired​
Serves:
several cups​
Directions:
Fill a glass 3/4 full with chilled coffee. Add cream & sweetener to taste and stir well. Pop in a few ice cubes if desired.

(Alternate option: fill the glass with ice cubes then add hot coffee, cream & sweetener. It should cool down quickly)

Yields as many servings as your pitcher/pot holds.

You can also use flavoured syrups to change it up and feel more gouremet'ish without the fancy pants coffee shop pricing. I find this much more frugal then buying them daily :thumb:​

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo - it is the perfect season for iced coffee!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Love iced coffee

Been drinking lots of iced green tea for the warm weather as well :)
Your post brought back memories of having iced coffee on the Italian Riviera...oh how I would love to go back someday! I'll have to make some when our weather (finally) gets hot!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thanks!!! It is so nice when someone posts a frugal alternative to my favorite foods! :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Thanks for this, Libby. I love iced coffee :lip:

Erik I've never had iced green tea. Is it simply a cold version of green tea - do you add sweeteners or honey to it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts