Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we picked Her up at 2pm today...she was too scared to come into the house right away so we let her roam the yard...and she enjoyed herself. She finally let Us lead her into the house about 30 minutes ago...she found her blanket from the shelter on her new bed...curled right up and she and Sophie are now watching a movie about dogs lol...Here's the first picture of them together...Yes Sophie is lying on the floor with Blossom...she apparently is going to sleep there lol. Thanks for letting me share...we love her..and her tail will not stop wagging...she also keeps rolling onto her back for tummy rubs.

DSCF2047.jpg

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
What a pair of sweeties! I bet she'll be a wonderful doggy for your family! It's obvious she's well-loved already, and she will realize that soon.

·
Registered
473 Posts
You adopted your childs new best friend, congrats they look like they're off to a great start. She looks so sweet!

Reactions: Sophiasmama

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sophie over the moon...I think it is going to be therapy for both of them...Sophie has sensory issues,anxiety, and possible OCD...and Blossom was possibly beaten by previous owners...my heart feels so good right now.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Looks like you have a perfect match! Congratulations!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
So wonderful that you adopted her. I know that soon she will become what I call a "Smiley Dog". You can really tell when a dog smiles that they are at home and very happy. They look like they are already the "Bestest" of friends.

·
Registered
636 Posts
What a beautiful pairing of spirits. Sophia looks so happy, and Blossom has the look of such a sweet and gentle dog. I can only imagine the friendship that will develop between those two. I truly believe loving a pet and being loved by a pet is the best therapy in the world.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Our first night went very well...she awoke and fussed a bit but I called to her to let her know it's okay and she was fine...then she started ripping around the living room...all I could do was laugh while lying in bed...cause I would come out of the bedroom to watch her and she'd be sitting still with this look like 'it wasn't me'...but her tail wagging gave her away.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Adorable.............your daughter and your new dog! Your daughters smile is priceless, she has her new best friend. If Blossom is already running the indy 500 around your livingroom, she is a happy dog. She is going to fit in just fine. Congrats on your new family member.

·
4,028 Posts
Great picture. It is certainly worth framing for your daughter to have in years to come. Thank you for rescuing a pet from a shelter, too. It takes so little to welcome some"one" like Blossom into your home and the rewards will be abundant. From your posts it seems that she is transitioning well and will be a great partner for your daughter.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have to add another picture taken from this afternoon...she likes to fetch. This one she is just running around like crazy...eventhough she was just spayed Thursday morning...
DSCF2059.jpg

·
4,028 Posts
I really like her fur. She looks very scruffy like our Jennee. :)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
What a cutie!!!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They give us so much love.....isn't it great that you were able to give her a home!
They will be 'fast buddies' soon.........and probably inseparable...........

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you all! She had a great second night...she slept from 9:30 to 7:30 when I let her out for the bathroom.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts