Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an old planner that was in my Goodwill pile, but I realized how helpful it could be for my envelope system. So I created a page for each budget category to keep track of spending for the month. I have an envelope (punch holes in small white envelopes which doesn't look great but it works) for each budget category for cash & receipts. This has working really well!

I would like to also use the planner for coupons. I am not a huge couponer, but would like to start. I usually lose or forget about my coupons.

The white envelopes are awkward, so I don't think it is the best idea for coupons.

Do you have any suggestions for organizing a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" planner for coupon use?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
I use a zip binder w/ baseball cards holders w/ plastic heavy dividers. This binder has pocets for sale ads and store policies. It has a handle and a sturdy strap. I do heavily coupon. I have tried several methods-reg. binders,pned files,shoes boxes and envelopes. This by far out weighs all the others.
I would suggest keeping the reciepts elsewhere. It can get heavy when you multiple coupon.
food4half is a good download site.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. What do you mean by a zip binder?

I would like to use the same planner for both. I don't plan to heavily coupon.. it's just me and my husband in a 600 sf house with no room to stockpile!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I think the business card holder would be fine - since you don't plan on using a lot of coupons for stockpiling. If the coupon is too large for the slot, fold the coupon so the picture or product name is facing the front.

·
Super Moderator
20,124 Posts
A zip binder is a binder that closes with a zipper on the three open sides, so things don't fall out.

I love it when I think of a use for something in the donation pile BEFORE I've donated it! Congrats on the brainstorm.

What about pages from photo albums or recipe binders? The kind with pockets. They may need to be cut down and/or have additional holes punched in them.

If you sew, you could make some custom plastic pockets for the organizer.

If you used manila envelopes and cut one side out so you had a shallower pocket, would that work? File folders would make a heavier, more durable pocket with some creative cutting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts