Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two white 3-tier vegetable baskets that I never use. I bought them and didn't like how quickly the vegetables went bad and ended up just refrigerating them instead. Now, they are stuffed away all lonely wanting so badly to become useful to me. ;)

So! I was curious of any of you have some interesting ideas on what to use them for. What's the first thing that popped into your head?

No answers at all will be unhelpful here.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
hang one in bedroom or bathroom in a corner to hold hair items - brushes combs- hair ties head bands etc

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I had one in the closet for the longest time, to hold scarves, belts, and other accessories.

You could probably use it this time of year for hats and mittens.

·
4,028 Posts
For a while, I used the bottom tier on mine for pot lids and the smaller tiers for snack packs.

I also think it might work for holding tub toys or rolled hand towels or washcloths.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My mom went out and bought a bunch of plastic fruits and vegetables to put in hers. Looked good. She just had to dust them once in a while.

If I had them...I'd hang one in my sewing room to hold yarn and fat quarters. The other one I'd hang in the garage to hold dog toys. :)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
How about filling each one with some Christmas greenery and putting some battery operated lights in them.

·
Registered
7,857 Posts
I have one in my living room window, with plants in it -

I have one in the laundry room for lone socks, things left in pockets, etc.

I have one in the guest room for towels/washclothes, snacks - so they don't feel they are intruding or pawing through cabinets to find what they need.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Maybe you could buy those coconut liners for it and turn it into a 3 tiered herb garden.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'd hang it in my craft room to hold my yarn stash.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Was going to suggest hanging it in your pantry closet if you have one with single serving snacks or seasoning/sauce packets so they're all centrally located.

I like the idea of a plant holder :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
I had one by the front door. Bottom tier held the incoming mail, middle tier held keys etc, the top held my pocket change. To keep the bits from falling through, i used some heavy flexible clear plastic to line the top 2 bins.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.