Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
figure out which way to do something here?

Okay, DH and I BOTH have bad backs. I can't reach up well and he can't reach down. A real problem, as he's 6'1.5" and I'm 4'11.75". So, where to put pots and pans, since we both cook, was a problem.

Then I hit on the idea of using retail grids to hang them. I hit freecycle, and sure enough, found a record store that was losing his lease who was happy to let me have a grid. Originally, we were going to cut one grid in 1/2, edge it with cherry and put it from the counter tops to the ceiling. When I picked up the grid, the fellow gave me TWO and so we (temporarily) attached them to the post in the middle of the kitchen with zip ties. We have an (EXPENSIVE!) piece of cherry board that we bought to edge the grid with.

(The hooks on the grid came from Ikea, the boxes at the bottom are former cheese molds, I used to use them to display a row of paperbacks in my store.)

I'll post an image later on today, could you please tell me what do you think? Do we hang it from the ceiling on both sides with a 2' gap at the bottom (I can fill it with the cheese boxes) or leave it as it is?

Thanks!

Judi

·
27,948 Posts
Looking forward to the pics. It sounds lovely (cherry is one of my fav. woods) but I'm having a hard time with where the cheese molds/boxes come in & what they look like. What a nice idea you have come up with to work for the both of you.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Sure. Sounds like a creative solution to me!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Picture tomorrow, I promise

I realized after I did this that the pit of stuff in my kitchen would all SHOW and so I spent a lot of today cleaning!

Of course, I also made bread and stew and lunch and did laundry, but....

Judi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts