Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re-posted from Facebook...

IF I Didn't Have A Dog Or Cat...

I could walk barefoot around the yard in safety.

My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be hair-free.

When the doorbell rings, my home wouldn't sound like a kennel.

When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading
through all the fuzzy bodies who beat me there.

I could sit on the couch and my bed any way I wanted, without
having to take into consideration how much space
several fur bodies need to get comfortable.

I would have enough money, and no guilt, to go on a real vacation

I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, as I put their yet unborn grandkids through college

The most used words in my vocabulary would not be:
"out,""sit," "down", "come," "no,"
"stay", and "Leave It"

My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates and makeshift barriers

I would not talk 'baby talk'. 'Eat your din din'. 'Yummy Yummy for the tummy'...

My house would not look like a day care center, with toys everywhere.

My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash

I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L, W-A-L-K T-R-E-A-T, O-U-T, G-O, R-I-D-E, S-U-P-P-E-R,
and C-O-O-K-I-E.

I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.

I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog/cat ties them down too much

I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead of dreading the 'mud' season

I would not have to answer the question: 'Why do you have so many animals?'

from people...

who will never know the joy of being loved unconditionally by the closest thing to an angel they will ever encounter.

How EMPTY my life would be!!!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
That's wonderful!

Pets give far more than they take.

Reactions: madhen

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
LOVE THIS! Thanks for reposting!

·
Registered
329 Posts
:) This is soooo awesome, and who gave you pictures of my life :) My/our furbabies rule the house :) along with the feathered one. Our kids will also tell you that the dogs are much more spoiled than they ever were :)

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
The guys complain that I spoil the cats. I tell my guys that I like the cats better. They know I am joking (though, sometimes, I do like the cats better).

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
If I didn't have 3 dogs, I wouldn't have to consider what to do with them if I want to leave the house for more than a couple of days.

I wouldn't have to worry about the UPS man or Fedex man getting attacked.

I would have to lock my door. My dogs don't play!!

I love my dogs!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
This is fabulous! My ex-husband used to say that he wanted to come back as one of my dogs, they get treated so well!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think it is hilarious when people from work come by and they are terrified of my Blue Heeler, :) LOL it is the little one that they need to beware of.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
My furbabies drive me crazy sometimes but they make my house a home. Imperfect as it maybe, always cat and dog hair. One always vying for my lap.. God Bless vaccums, fabreeze, and glade air filters.I really love my 4 now furbabies. Orey my 6 year old beagle mix, my cats: sassy my gray lady 9 1/2 years old, jasper my blonde baby 3, and Rufie named (Rufius) shortened to rufie by my strange children who is a mane coon mean and 4 months old just about time to be fixed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My life would be empty without my sweet kiddos, too. DH swears they're treated better than he is (maybe they are :wink:).

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I stopped at my vet's office today, on my way to work, and her assistant's brand new JRT pup "gifted" me with a spray of nervous piddle as he ran up into my lap. I washed it off as best I could, but had to go to work with puppy pee on my jeans (at least I was in JEANS). I told her assistant that, if anyone asked if I smelled urine, that I would just play dumb and say, "Yeah!! You mean you smell it too? I wonder where it is coming from?"

Happily, the office was quiet today and I was able to avoid any odd looks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts