Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you be doing if you could have your dream job?

I would be working from home, that much I know.

At one point I had applied for a position as a moderator at a popular site whose bulletin/chat boards were staffed with paid moderators. They all seemed to be very happy and full of ideas and fresh perspectives... that was my dream. Unfortunately the site didn't stay and the "home office" of moderators is no longer.

I recently applied to be an "At Home Correspondence Rep". I have all the skills to answer phones, input data, type at 45 wpm (usually higher, but safest to say at the lower end of my ability), am familiar with computer programs and email applications, etc etc. But because I do not have a Bachelors Degree I am considered unqualified. Which burns my hiney because it pretty much means I am unqualified to do the things I do daily. :bang:

These are the examples of my dream jobs. What are yours??

·
Registered
742 Posts
At this point in my life, I too would love to work from home. I would like to be a data analyst for a medical research study. I would love only having to go into the office every once in a while.
Eventually I would like to teach Statistics and/or epidemiology (public health) at a community college or university. (By the way I am working on a PhD right now).

Also..
But because I do not have a Bachelors Degree I am considered unqualified.
I don't think this is right. You shouldn't need a degree if you have the experience.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
My dream job...mmm I dont know I have been at my paying bills job :thud:for so long that I can't remember. Helping kids in some way I think.

Also..

Quote:
But because I do not have a Bachelors Degree I am considered unqualified.

I don't think this is right. You shouldn't need a degree if you have the experience.

I also think that is wacky, just because you did not get your degree does not mean you are unqualified.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Honestly, I'd be happiest as a homemaker. I love being home, cleaning, cooking, crafting, reading, taking care of my kitties and :smooch:, running errands, grocery shopping, etc. If :smooch: gets to the point where he does have a successful restaurant business, I will most definitely be staying home to run the household.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
My dream job would be a nurse/ASL interpreter on a reveservation. I'm not full blood ,but enough to count :) I'm already an RN, and working on the ASL interpreting degree. Then when I get my debt paid off, I'll move to SD or some such place and work on one of the rez.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
My dream job would be having a syndicated tv show.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Mine would be shopping with people and telling them what to wear. Bossy--I know!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Right now, it would be something I could do from home. I'd like to sell on eBay or do crafts on Etsy, or maybe medical transcription. I don't know. Anything that would equal my current part-time income without needing a babysitter and constantly juggling my schedule around would be ideal right now.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'd love to run my own small business... a small shop in a quaint or artsy town. I used to sell antiques, and I rented a room in a shop. I paid lower rent by running the shop several days a month. I LOVED it :mushy: !

Other than that... I'd love to be a homemaker. I consider myself lucky that I now have a good part time job, just 3 days a week, so I am ~somewhat~ a homemaker! The more time I spend NOT working, the less money we need...

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have always wanted to work in the Tourism Industry as a travel guide/ consultant but I am also studying to be an Accountant so I'd love to work in the Tourism Industry in accountancy/ book-keeping.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I'm a homebody, so it would be something I could do from home base here.

I have several friends who are willing to pay me to make scrapbooks for them because they don't have time to do it themselves, or either they just don't do crafts but want one. I did one for a friend a few years ago and she paid me $100 + materials. That's one option, and I love doing it.

I've also played around with the notion of selling stuff on ebay full time and I'm starting to really check into that a little more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I want to be a CEO of a medium-sized financial services company.
I seriously do!
:)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Honestly, I'd be happiest as a homemaker. I love being home, cleaning, cooking, crafting, reading, taking care of my kitties and :smooch:, running errands, grocery shopping, etc. If :smooch: gets to the point where he does have a successful restaurant business, I will most definitely be staying home to run the household.
This is me. Other than that I would love to be able to make a good living with my sewing/quilting.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My dream job would be having a syndicated tv show.
Would you be in front of or behind the camera?

At one point, I thought I'd like to be like Martha Stewart. LOL. Me, like Martha, yeah, that'll happen. Anyhow I thought I would do both in front and behind stuff. I enjoy showing people how to do stuff, cooking, crafting, cleaning etc etc. So for awhile I entertained that dream (still do, in the secret recesses of my imagination).

·
Registered
451 Posts
I always wanted to be a Veterinarian. :cat::paw: Sorry I didn't stick with my dream, but it's not too late to still do so. As soon as I pay the mortgage down, I'm seriously considering going back to school. I figure if I have to work with animals I'd rather them be the 4 legged kind as opposed to the two legged kind.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Pretty boring dream. Work backstage at a theater ( I know generally this is a volunteer job) or work at a university or college is some capacity.
My present job ( soon to be laid off) is pretty much crisis management and a negative atmosphere. So I think working in a place of higher learning, students are they as they want to learn, would , overall, be a little more of an uplifting environment.

·
4,028 Posts
I would love to run a small bakery from my home. My grandmother's neighbor would take orders for bread, rolls, pies and buns, and bake twice a week for the neighborhood. Of course, this was in the 1940's, these days I would need a separate and professional kitchen set up along with licensing, permits and health inspections. I would also enjoy teaching home skills and lost arts to others.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts