Frugal Village Forums banner

Which television family would you like to spend 24 hours with?

• The Waltons

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • The Ingalls (Little House on the *******)

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • The Huxtables (The Cosby Show)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • The Camdens (7th Heaven)

Votes: 1 3.6%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What family would it be? I would choose the Waltons, I would love to have spent a day with them, had dinner around the table with all of them , sit around the radio and listen to an old radio seriel and then sit out on the porch with the family and visit while the kids played in the yard and the fireflies flitted around the house and yard.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
It was a toss up between The Waltons and the Ingalls. I chose the Ingalls family. After reading all the Little House books and watching each tv episode several times, I feel like I know the family well.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
The Ingalls, I too feel like I know the family as I watched every episode over & over again.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I voted for The Walton's although I woundn't mind The Ingall's either! :D

·
27,948 Posts
Katybird said:
What family would it be? I would choose the Waltons, I would love to have spent a day with them, had dinner around the table with all of them , sit around the radio and listen to an old radio seriel and then sit out on the porch with the family and visit while the kids played in the yard and the fireflies flitted around the house and yard.
Sounds good to me!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hmm this is a toughie.
I love the Waltons, and the Ingalls!
I like different things from each though.
The Walton's had to "make do" during the depression and war years
The Ingalls hate to start from scratch and do it all by hand!
The 7th heaven family ( can not remember the name!) Has a faith I truly envy.
So I will pic them, for now!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
The Ingalls. One day of true pioneering might be fun.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gosh Lori, how in the world could I have forgotten that All American family - The Osbournes :bang: , ROFLMAO . I am afraid that if there was one family that I would NOT want to spend a day with it would have to be that one. I do admire Ozzie and Sharon's love and devotion to each other though. Those children though ~ sheeesh, I would have to gag them both, they have the most horrid mouths and manners. And those poor dogs running amuck in the house and doing there business all over everything I could not stand that either. :toothy:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I chose the Waltons because I really enjoyed that show, but it was a very difficult decision, because I would have loved to join the Ingalls as well. Both were really neat shows for the whole family.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I would like to visit with the Waltons........

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Well, as a ministers daughter, I WAS the Camdens, so no thanks. I would choose the Ingalls because they seemed to have more fun than the Walton's. (Yeah, yeah...scarlet fever, blindness, etc...but you know what I mean.) I'd love to dance around while Pa played the fiddle.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I heard the Osbourne's next door neighbor has their house for sale for like $10M. Imagine living next to that? Ugghhh!

Definitely the Ingalls here, but then again, there's never a dull moment at the Huxtables either.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What about the Ewings? I would have loved to of had breakfast on the veranda before rushing off to make million dollar oil deals. Oh yeah and what about all that betrayal. lol
Just kidding the Ingalls get met's my vote. The Waltons would be a close second after the picture Katybird described.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
i picked the ingalls because i think myself, hubby & my kids would really appreciate what they have more!!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Love the Waltons! I've started watching it again on the Hallmark channel. I think I could learn alot from them.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well out of the ones you listed I would choose The Ingalls. But the Wlatons sure do a run a close second. I so wish I knew what it was like to really live in both those time periods. Very different from the world we live in today.

Dh and I were talking about this last night. How our children don't have a clue what an 8 track tape is, or a record, and our oldest barely recalls what a cassete tape is!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts