Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the first question you would ask them?

Other than God, who would it be.

Mine would have to be Henry David Thoreau and the first question I would ask him would be how did he survive after coming back to civilization after being on the pond for a number of years.

Who and what would the question be for you?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I knew exactly who I was going to say and you ruled HIM out first thing! LOL!:D

Boy, I'm not sure who else I'd like to meet. I enjoy so many author's works!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
For me it would be William Shakespeare. He was so talented and his works are so diverse, he wrote comedy to drama to sonnets. I think he would be so fascinating to talk to.

I would love to know where he got his inspirations from and if he ever thought that his works would stand the test of time and become the classics that they have.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Do not laugh..but the first person who came to mind was.........
Dr Suess..how weird is that..lol..i think it would be fascinating to get inside that head..I cannt remember his "real" name though.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
All I read is fluff, lol. So I guess it would be either, Mary Higgins Clark or John Grisham. I would ask them how they come up with such interesting story lines.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Frank Herbert came to mind first. I would ask him where he got the idea to spread the plague that killed only women via money from for his book "White Plague". If I had another one to talk to it would be JRR Tolkien and why he had Hobbits living in underground homes.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
There are so many, but I have been reading Beverly Lewis' books and would love to know her inspiration and go for a tour with her to the different Amish communities that she writes about.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
It would have to be Maya Angelou, she kept her head above water in especially trying times, and beat the odds...by the way she had many against her!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sylvia Plath - I would like to ask her how she brought such incredible honesty to her work, in the midst of all of the turmoil in her life.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I am a fan of both Stephen King and Dave Barry. Dave is so funny, and seems so "real". Mr. King would be interesting, also, I would like to know where the inspiration comes from for some of the bizarre tales he has written.

While growing up, I wanted to be just like Erma Bombeck. I thought being a stay at home mom and writing a syndicated newspaper column (and several books) would be the greatest job in the world.

Deb

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
When I lived "back home" in Maine I met Steven King...he seems like a really nice guy. I didn't know I had met him until someone said "did you know who that was?" I had no idea, then she showed me his pic on a book jacket. I had read and loved to be scared outta my wits by his books and subsequent movies. But never knew what he looked like.

Now, don't throw tomatoes at me or anything, I'd like to meet Martha Stewart. (I don't know if her books are ones she wrote herself or her company did) I would really like to meet her. I watch her show and every so often flip through one of her magazines. I think it would be interesting to me to meet her.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I would love to meet Laura Ingalls Wilder. I have always loved her books. I think it would have been neat to know her whole family. I can almost hear "pa" playing his fiddle into the night.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I would love to meet C.S Lewis, Laura Ingles Wilder, and J.R.R Tolkien. I know you only asked for 1 and as far a poetry goes I think I would like to meet Robert Frost.
P.S. Has anyone read Cold Mountian? I live in the town where Charles Frazier grew up and I worked with his sister and his dad was my high school principal. But I wouldn't/couldn't stand in the lines in town to meet him when he came for a book signing.
Jeanna

·
Registered
325 Posts
Arthur C. Clark. Exactly how is it that a science fiction author becomes a leading authority on extraterrestrial occurrances for NASA?!?! Hmmm....

Milissa

1 - 15 of 15 Posts