Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking one day, if I couldn't live in the USA for some reason, I'd move to Canada. Probably in the suburbs of Lethbridge, Alberta. If not Canada, then maybe England. If not England, then maybe France--but then I'd have to learn another language. I guess I'd have to learn another language if I moved to England! In Canada, I just couldn't spell, though. :)

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I would pick England. I won a trip to London year before last and my hubby and I enjoyed our time there so very much. Their public transportation system is awesome - it was so easy to get around. And I loved all the historical sites! Not to mention the fish and chips and hard cider....yum, I could live on that if I had to! :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
canada. hands down.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Lets see what country would I like to live in hmmmm------ Tuscany region of Italy. Whenever I watch anything about Europe on the television I fall in love with the little villages in Europe but Italy is the best and I love their way of life.

Monner :wave2:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
While I love to travel, I'm not sure I would want to take up citizenship in some of the places we have been. Probably if I were forced to leave my beloved USA, I would go to Canada. That seems the most like what I am used to.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Well I've never been there but maybe Greece. I've only been to Canada and Mexico. Canada would be closest to the U.S. but I would choose somewhere nice and beachy warm.

Cat

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Well I've never been there but maybe Greece. I've only been to Canada and Mexico. Canada would be closest to the U.S. but I would choose somewhere nice and beachy warm.

Cat
Oh, yeah, I'd go anywhere I could get my own private island. ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
This is cool! I'd choose in this order - southern France, England, Scotland, southern Spain, the coast of southern Yugoslavia, eastern Canada from Montreal over. Maybe Australia.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Western Canada....mainly Kelowna, Scotland, England, Tuscany, Bakel, Netherlands (my Mom grew up there), Spain or Greece. :D

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
How come no one else wants to go to New Zealand or Australia ? I guess Canada would be my second pick. I have this whole canadian wilderness fantasy complete w/ sled dogs,and a small plane. I think I want to be Maggie from Northern Exposure. I'd starve,I have no skills and too little energy but..

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I LOVED Maggie on Northern Exposure! :D I forgot about New Zealand... I would love to go there too. :)

·
Registered
995 Posts
If I had to choose then I would choose either Canada or the US or New Zealand but I would like to live in a town/city with decent weather; no 10 foot blizzards in the winter and no gasping for heat in the summer. So a nice moderate climate and English speaking.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The first time I went to Germany I was ready to move there immediately. There is something about the pace of life and atmosphere there that speaks to me. In Heidelberg I had this overwhelming feeling of peace as I walked down the Hauptstrasse (pedestrian shopping street) that I couldn't describe at the time. When I got back and saw my house after being away I had the same feeling- home.

HOWEVER this was before I found out that homeschooling is illegal in Germany so I'd probably go to the south of France near the German border until my kids were older.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts