Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...yourself especially hungry and thirsty all the time? Moreso than when not exercising?

I've always noticed that I'm ravenous throughout the day when I've exercised, and lately I've noticed that I'm thirsty all the time too.

Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I have heard a lot more people say that they are LESS hungry when they exercise---I wish!!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Yes! I'm on a running and heavy lifting program at the moment and can't eat enough. My appetite is ridiculous.

I don't notice that I'm more thirsty, but I try to drink a ton of water to flush the lactic acid out of my muscles and help with soreness.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Yes, both! I am constantly drinking water and I am starving at mealtimes. :lip:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:lol: Debbie...I'm starving all the time. I can't tell you how much I've been eating. I'll never lose weight if I keep this up!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I work out 2 hours a day (1/2 cardio/1/2 weights), 4 days a week, and I am thirsty all the time! But I know that I am not getting enough water.

As for eating, it depends on what kind of workout I do for cardio. I've noticed that if I walk or bike, I don't get anymore hungry than normal. But if I run or do the elliptical or something really strenous, then I do get hungry.

I do a protein supplement right after my workout, so that usually fills me up, so I'm not tempted to munch before my next meal!

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Yes I get that way too...I heard the girl who won Biggest Loser last year talking on QVC last night and she said that Jillian told her that the being hungry means your metabolism is working ..I'm gonna try that protein suppliment like your doing momto2boyz :)

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I get especially hungry if I lift....! I drink lots and lots of water everyday so I don't notice being thirsty so much but man I do get hungry when I'm working out hard and more so if I lift. I swear sometimes I could eat the legs off the kitchen table....:lol:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I work out at Curves 5 days a week. I don't find myself more hungry, but I do get thirsty. I carry water there to quench that thirst just after I finish the workout.

I do have to eat before I go there. Some women go first thing in the morning before breakfast. But I just can't do that. If I eat regular meals at regular times, the workout seems to go better.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes~ RAVENOUS!

I used to not have much of an appetite, now it seems like I am always starving. Which I am guessing is good for me. I do eat three meals aday now instead of eating junk sporadically.

How about we just take it as a good sign! :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Definitely more thirsty but my appetite (after about a month) diminished.

Keep up the good work:)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Yes, I am hungry. My body needs fuel, and I am working hard. I eat . I drink plenty of water.You will lose weight when your metabolism adjusts itself. I am 5'5 and weigh #115. I eat around 2300 calories daily.Often more.Good genes?..... nope. A metabolism stoked by exercise.Hang in there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts