Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a contest you can enter with a story about "Your not so handy hubby" I was just thinking it would be fun to put our own stories here about our dh's and what fix-it disasters they've had......

My dh has had his share, when we bought the house he covered a wall with barnboard paneling, he nailed it up over the plaster and the nails cracked the plaster and warped the whole wall, we had to remove it, knock down over a ton of plaster and replace the barnboard....... he forgot to bolt down the toilet after replacing a wax ring and it fell over with dd on it.........

Tell us your stories .........

Here is the link if you'd like to enter the sweeps.......
www(dot)mid-citymaintenance(dot)com and find out the straight scoop. Lots of fun and see

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
LOL Lori, OK, I know it probably wasn't funny at the time but it sure sounds it now!!:eek: :laugh:

I have been blessed with a very handy hubby...we have saved so much money on projects because he is that way.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Lori, that is just too funny. I'm sure anyone who now comes to your house will check the toilet first before using it. :eek:

I too have been blessed with a very handy dh - there isn't much he can't fix. He gets that from his dad, he was exactly the same way.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is pretty handy too...... he's had his blunders though....

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Thanks for link Lori, I will have to try to think of something that DH has done. He is normally wonderfully handy, somewhat of a McGyver in his skills, I swear he could build a 2 story mansion with some leftover lumber and a swiss army knife, LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts