Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having twin girls in a few months, and I'm working on names right now. So, if you were to have twin girls, what would you name them. I'm not looking at rhyming names, or names that begin with the same letter. I don't think that's necesary, but I do think that the names should be about the same length. I wouldn't want to name one Kara, and the other one Alexandria.

·
Registered
674 Posts
My girl's names are Stephanie and Jessica.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I went to school with only one set of girl twins..... Heidi & Paige

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Ummm, Shannon, did I miss something????

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

I somehow had NO IDEA you were expecting. How did I miss that???? I saw you talking about cloth diapers etc, but never put 2 and 2 together.

Anyway, I don't know about names. Emma and Audra? I love Anna Mae...Anna and Eva (short e.)

Congrats again- double the baby love!! :D

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Congratulations! What wonderful news!

I went to high school in the boonies, and a girl named her poor twins Brandy and Tequila, not kidding at all -- that was horrible and I am sure those poor children were fated to be alcholics.

Seriously in answer to your question: I am fond of old-fashioned names, like Rachel and Hannah, Clarissa and Matilda, Rebecca and Elizabeth, Abigail and Olivia - that type of thing. I agree that the names should be similar length - kids seem to find the strangest things to feel slighted about. I also like names that have nicknames - that way your little girls have options. My oldest is named Clarissa but she prefers to go by Chloe - it fits her personality more.

Congrats and best of luck!!!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Wahoo!!! Congratulations! :)

I agree with your decision to keep their names different from each other. I had a friend that had daughters (not twins, but only 14 months apart) named Natalie & Natasha. To this day, I don't know which was which.

I suggest that you just start choosing girl names that you like. Once you have it down to 6 or 8, you can compare how they 'fit' together.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have to say haiving triplets and knowing lots of people with twins and more I would pick 2 names you just love.......
I wouldn't go rhyming or alike (Stacey and Tracey) I would treat it like it is just 2 babies and pick names that way...
It is going to be hard enough to get the right name out but when you have alike names it is even worse or you end up with "the girls" or "the twins" and no-one uses their real name.

SO I would pick 2 names you just love and whether theya re the same lenght or sound right together I would just use 2 names you love....

Our triplets are Gunnar, Zachary and Rebecca we did different and names we just loved.

Eileen

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I agree with Eileen. I would just pick names I loved. For even though they are twins they are two seperate individuals. I don't even think I would have their names start with the same letter.
Of course that is just my opinion. But the main thing is congrat:hurray: ulations!!!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Aww... Twin Girls...I'm so happy for you....

I love these names.

Dakota
Maylea
Sadie
Kendra
Heidi
Alissa

·
Registered
205 Posts
Emily and Avery...that reminded me of that song "Ebony & Ivory"...LOL

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Oh, yeah, I also wanted to say I'm gald you don't want them to have too-similar names. I work in a lab, and we too often get twins whose names are literally only one letter different. Talk about medical (and other) records nightmares for life! Same name, practically, same DOB, same address, same parents, etc. That is sure to get messed up at some point. Sigh.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I like names that cannot be shortened into nicknames, for girls I would go with

Ella & Ava

Boys...

Cooper & Tucker

(The boys names will never happen for me because DH hates both!!!)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am a twin and my sister and I have totaly opposite names....... My name is Paulette and her name is Maelynn. The grandmothers were fighting, one wanted Teresa and Lisa and the other wanted Tracy and Stacy so my mother named me Paulette after grandma Pauline and Maelynn after Grandma Mae.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
How exciting for you!!! My twin boys are named Franklin and Jacob but if they had been girls they would have been named Catherine and Kaitlyn.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts