Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as a disclaimer, this is a public service announcement. I don't expect anyone to donate just because I'm posting this. I'm posting this for those that feel like they want to contribute in some way but aren't sure how. :)

The first evacuees have landed in Seatac airport. I imagine that a lot of them have sprung for lodging in town, but many of them are staying in the USO at the airport. I mean literally, IN the USO. For those of you who haven't seen it, it's typically just a small lounge area for military members and their families to rest and snack while they're traveling. (These lounges are a small part of the work they do.) It's not made for lodging, and I know that their resources are being stretched. These families have had a long flight and many of them left their spouses behind and all of them have left most of their belongings.

The USO is asking for donations, so if you are in any of the areas listed I just wanted to give you a heads up and let you know that you can literally walk in with a bag of groceries and make a difference. The article lists things that are needed, and I imagine every location will be the same. If you're away and you'd like to make a cash donation, just know that the USO is staffed by volunteers and never charges for their services. I'm naturally suspicious and I there are few charities that I believe in enough to put my own money into, but I do believe in the USO.

Evacuees fly in to Sea-Tac from Japan; thousands more expected | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News | Local & Regional

First wave of military evacuees from Japan arrive at Sea-Tac | KING5.com | Seattle Area Local News

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.