Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fool today!! :D My dh got a side job doing some painting and such. So I am home alone for the first time in 3 1/2 months!!! :yippee: I actually feel like I'm getting something accomplished! :D

So far I have made: a big batch of chocolate chip cookies, 2 loaves of italian bread, 2 loaves of banana bread are in the oven and I have a batch of peanut butter cookies all mixed up. I also plan on making a couple of loaves of english muffin bread. I have never tried this before, so I'll let you know how it turns out!

Yesterday, I was a cooking fool! I had purchased some ground beef a couple of days before and forgot to package it up for the freezer. :( So, I figured I had better cook it up before I froze it. I made enough spaghetti sauce and meatballs for 5 dinners plus 1 pizza, 3 meatloafs and enough chili for 3 meals.

It's still cold here so chili sounded good! :D Only in the low 30's today. :mad: Is it ever going to get warm and stay??

Oh well, at least I'm getting something done!

Gotta go check my banana bread!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
oh my!!! you have been busy!! YOU GO GIRL!!!:smball: :smball:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Wow! I need a nap just readiing that post. You cookin with gas now girl!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Oh boy, I bet your house smells wonderful! You have sure been busy. My mouth is watering just reading it all. :D

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmmm......all that sounds SO good Diana!! You HAVE been busy. That'll be so nice to go to the freezer and pick out a meal!:smball:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Whoa...! I am getting tired reading all of that too...good for you!!! :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
WTG Diana!! Good for you. now all you have to do is pull it out of the freezer whenever you want it!

Doesn't it feel good when you get so much cooking/baking done that you don't have to worry about it?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yummmm....put the coffee on, I'm coming for dessert!!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay ladies, you're all invited! :D

I never made the english muffin loaves. With dh taking a lunch again everyday, I thought I had better make some more bread for sandwiches instead.

A neighbor friend of ours who has a car repair shop in his garage came down and jump started both our cars the other day. (Don't ask, I thought it was gremlins or aliens when both our cars wouldn't start! :toothy: Nope, just my dh who didn't completely shut my back door so the dome light stayed on for 3 days!! His car, who knows probably was gremlins! :D )

Anyway, he wouldn't take any money for his time and work, so I packaged up a loaf of bread, 1 banana bread and 3 dozen cookies for his family with a thank you note. I only kept out the banana bread and 2 dozen cookies all the rest went in the freezer. Now when my parents arrive unexpectedly, I can just pull some cookies out of the freezer to have with coffee.

Wheww I'm pooped! :laugh:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
You have been busy !!!!!! I can smell all of that wonderful food from here.... Thanks for the invite, you better get busy again cuz there are a lot of us and we don't turn down a free meal.... LOL
What a thoughtful thing to give the man that helped you out, I'm sure his wife will send him anytime now !!!!!!!!!:D

·
27,948 Posts
Bet you feel great Dee, it's a good kind of tired.:)
Glad you had fun "a baking". :)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think she knows. She leaves for work before he starts at home each day. But she isn't feeling well, she was diagnosed with cancer a year and a half ago and they have 2 teenagers. I have never met them as they are in school whenever I have gone up there. I know those goodies won't go to waste! :D

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
You are such a sweetheart Diana !!!!!!!:angel: :angel: :angel:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts