Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. It has been quite awhile since I have visited frugal village. I remember why I used to like it so much :loop: Things have changed so much that I don't even know where to start! I have moved out on my own, just me and my son. We are living in a small place, but that is okay because it is MY place. I have a new full time job that I enjoy alot and it fits perfectly with my sons school schedule. I do not kid myself. It is not all fun and games. It is difficult because money is tight. I used to have money to spend on anything I could have wanted, but my x was so emotionally abusive that he would take or give that money at will. Since I have moved away, I can look back and see the way that he was and how horrible my living situation actually was. But that was then. I now have the chance and the desire to rewrite my life for myself and my son. I read thru some posts on this website and others. I see posts from people who are in the same situation I was in and I just want to let them know that they do not have to live like that. Even though it is hard and it is terrifying, just do it. Just try it on your own, you really have nothing to lose by at least trying. Thank you to all of my frugal village friends who helped me to make this, the best decision of my life. You guys rock!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Glad your back and doing well on your own two feet. HHHUGGGSS

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Glad to hear things are well with you and that your back posting. :hugz:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Glad to hear things are so good for you!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Glad to hear things are better for you and that you are back. :wave:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Stay strong. God bless. Don't give up. We are here to support you. :grouphug:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
It's good to hear that things are better for you. Hopefully, your post will give someone else who might be in the same situation you were in the courage to do what they need to do.

--Michelle

·
27,948 Posts
Here's to new beginnings!:chug:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome, sounds like things are looking up and you are happy!!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Glad things are looking up for you!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Glad to hear things are going so well now, great to have you back! :)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Carolyn! I have been wondering about you. I am so happy to hear that you are satisfied with your decision.

It is better to have a little money that you have control of than tons of money that you have access to at someone else's whim, isn't it!

Congratulations on building a new life!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Welcome back, and congratulations on getting you and your son out of that situation. I was a single mom for 20 years, and although it's no bed of roses, it's good to know that you can do it.

:fdance:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts