Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we made it back. Got in about 2:45 this morning. Have a fairly productive weekend. DH got alot of the things he needed, fixed MIL's computer (again), Cut FIL'd hair. Rearranged their livingroom for them, MIL is in a wheelchair (motorized scooter) since she can't put any weight on her foot. Now they have enough room to move about without running into anything.

I got my birthday present early, MIL bought me a sewing stool. It is about 40 years old and has books in it from 1940's all in fantastic condition!! infact they look brand new.

I got some of my plants from the other house, I had to convince MIL that they were too crowded, it worked. So today DH and I will be out digging in the garden!

We still have to make another couple trips up there for the rest of the things.

MIL gave us, an antique dresser with mirror, Wadrobe, 2 night stands, 2 bedside lamps (wooden) and a drop leaf table. All of which belonged to her parents! I'm so excited to get these things, but we will have to get them next trip. I didn't want to put them on the back of the truck and them get damaged!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Elise! I'm happy you are back!:)

Wow! You have precious things from your MIL! I'm vey happy for you....:heartsm:

Lucie

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Welcome back Ellise! I am glad you had a great trip. Sounds like you received some nice gifts!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
wow, i wish i could find more old sewing book, found a really neat knitting book from the late 40's last year yard sailing.man i didn't go to bed last nite until 3am.was up late fixing my computer.

didnt get home until after midnite,at girlfriends house, had a great time playing uno.im also looking for new (to me) planters.i have a really cute pink one shaped like a small watering can ill put on my front steps with lettce in it.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you got a lot done and are getting some precious family treasures also!!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Wow, what a productive trip Elisse, it sounds like you have one of those great MIL's like Heather does! Theres nothing better in life than a warm loving, supportive family.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Welcome back Ellise! :) So glad to hear you had a nice and productive visit!

·
27,948 Posts
Welcome back! Glad you were able to help your in-laws and in return they were so generous with you. Lot of love was passed around this weekend.:heartsm:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Welcome back Ellise !!!!!!!!!! What a great mil, how kind of her to share family treasures with you !!!!!!!!! The stool sounds like a great Birthday present....... I'm glad you had a good time, and I'm glad your back safe and sound !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Welcome back, Elise!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts