Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to tell you how my visit at the foster home went...

Well, I am very happy to say she will be in a good home. The lady who will care for her is in her fifties and married. She is an african woman, who was referred by her friend, who also has been caring for handicapped people the last 12 years. She has been acredited last year, and the organziation has nothing but excellent remarks to say about her way of caring. She is a very calm and caring lady.

She has 5 grown boys! They are adults now and married, most of them...Her dh comes from Belgium.

Actually she is caring for handicapped young man, who is less mobile than Francine(my aunt). She is very active and takes him everywhere she goes, for walks, to church. They even made a trip to Quebec city(3 hours away) with him and took him to a restaurant and visited the museums and all...

So, I think my fears about her not being well, have disapeared. I have told her that I will visit my aunt once a week and take her out for the day. I also mad emyself available for questions or any problems she might encounter, but she reassured me that everything will go well.

Next tuesday, july 8, in the evening, I will take my aunt for a visit and try to explain to her that she will be moving there. (my aunt is deaf and does not speak) And officially, my dh will move her friday july 11th, in the morning. I want to give a few days to accept the situation and prepare her things with her...

I won't be taking her on the moving day. The educators fear I might be too emotional and they don't want Francine to react negatively. I guess they are right...

Well, I just had to tell you about my morning. You've been so supportive from the start and it means alot to me.

A different family life will begin soon, and surely everything will all go better for my children, especially Daniel, I hope...

I'll keep you udated about next week. Thanks for everything!:heartsm:

Lucie (((hugs)))

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to say....she will have a very nice room! It is twice the size of her actual room. It is pink and white with a border of wallpaper of *The Beauty and the Beast*. I know she will love it! Plus she has a large window and full of light of day in her room. :)

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Im so glad that some of your fears have been addressed Lucie. I just can't imagine being in your position, I pray for you and for Francine, it must be more difficult for you to help her through all of this with communication issues as well. The caretaker sounds like the answer you as well as the rest of us at the Village have been praying for.

Please Lucie find time to spend with yourselfbeing very good to yourself, if you are anything like I am, I worry that you may be hard on yourself.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robin...I am like you....I am hard on myself.:blush: I don't do it to punish myself, but I tend to make everyone's needs pass beofre mine...it's kind of not simple with a family of 4 kids...but I promise to try to care for myself.:heartsm: Maybe you can remind me, once and a while...;)

·
27,948 Posts
Oh Lucie this new home sounds wonderful and I'm so glad you approve not only the room etc. but the woman who will be taking care of her. Although it's going to be an emotional thing for both of you, you knowing she really is going to a nice place is going to give you such peace of mind. Sounds like this is a new beginning for all of you and a positive one at that. :)
Big hug Lucie, it's going to work out.:hugz:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Oh Lucie, the new home sounds wonderful and better yet, the lady who will be taking care of your aunt sounds like an :angel2:

Once this is all over, please do something just for you. Your in my thoughts often. love ya, :hugz:

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
{{hugs}} Lucie, I am glad you are able to find such a wonderful place for your Aunt. The woman sounds like a gem! I will keep you in my prayers.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank-you CJ and Melody!:hugz: :hugz: Yes, I can feel that the lady is a very good woman.:heartsm:

...I'm thinking about the more free time I will have...I wonder what I will do...:) For sure I will be a more rested and calm person...

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Lucie, I am so happy to read this.......what an answer to our prayers. It must be so much more comforting to know now what a great place Francine will be in.

What will you do?? Maybe you could take up your drawing again!;) Just a thought! You'll probably just want to do nothing for awhile, enjoy your family Lucie and pamper yourself!!:angel:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Heather...:) You remembered that I draw! You're so sweet! To tell you the truth I had forgotten about drawing lately...

Yes, I'm sure it's because of everyone's prayers that Francine found a good home. I know prayer works, but boy am I starting to believe how powerful it can be!:heartsm:

Thanks so much Heather!:hugz:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am glad you prayers were answered Lucie. Francine will be with a wonderful caretaker. Her room sounds fun and inviting.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I'm so happy everything is working out for the best for you, your aunt and your family. Your aunt's room and the caretaker sound perfect! :hugz: Lucie

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Lucie, I am so happy that Francine has a wonderful new home. It sounds like God guided you to the perfect place and the perfect caretaker for her. She truly sounds like a blessing from God. He does work in wonderful ways doesn't He?

Please don't forget to take time for yourself. You have had so much to deal with, it is time for some "me" time for yourself. Please pamper yourself a bit, even if it is only a nice soak in a bubble bath. You deserve it!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Lucie it sounds wonderful. I know you are the doing the best thing for all. She will learn to love it. The caretaker sounds wonderful.:angel2:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't forgotten to thank-you...Michelle, Diana, Kathy and Dolphin.:heartsm: I've so busy these past 3 days, that I hadn't kept up with the posts...I really apreciate your kind thoughts and prayers.

Thank-you everyone who has been supporting me through these big changes...You are all enrcredible and wonderful ladies!:grouphug:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Lucie,
I just found this post and am thrilled for you and your aunt! I'm sure she will enjoy it there and the caretaker sounds like a truely wonderful and loving woman! Please do take time for yourself once you get your aunt moved. You need to just relax and pamper yourself for a change.
:hugz:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts