Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies....I have been through a rough month. I had my husband served with a protection order last month so I could move. Before it was handed to him he started taking items from the house that were mine. My laptop was in my daughters room under her bed covers. Well he found it and took it. I had a hard time getting it back. He hired a lawyer to show up for him at the court date for the PO. He couldn't understand why I did that to him.

Anyway what it all boils down to is my family is split because he refuses to address his drinking problem. And of course it is ALL my fault. He says that if I don't want to be with him then he never wants to see me again. He also doesn't want me to have any relationship with his family. I have known these people for twenty years and have a good relationship with them.

Why can't he see that he has ruined our family. I am now living on the state because my income is so low. I can not get a full time job because of my medical condition. I have a hearing for my disabilty at the end of August. I am working part time, but I hardly make enough to money to make ends meet.
I have only $40.00 to make it through to next Thursday. I hope things turn around soon.

Please pray for my family.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I feel for you......... I know what its like to live with someone with a drinking habit and drug habit. Mine would rather have chased the bag instead of visiting me in the hospital.......... Things will get better for you. not as much stress....... I'll pray for you and yours
Fern

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Hello and welcome back :wave: I am sorry that you are having to go through this, but at least you are taking steps to protect yourself. Good luck at the disability hearing!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
hhuuggssss girl!!!!! Im glad you got the PO against him and got your stuff back. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
:hug2: Sorry you are goin gthrough such a difficult time. I'm glad you are protecting yourself from him. Hope things turn around soon.

·
Registered
579 Posts
My sympathies. Maybe someday he will see what he has lost, but sounds like you are doing what you need to take care of himself. I hope this works out well for you and the kids.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Lots of hugs and prayers being sent your way. Hang in there.

-Michelle

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Sending you lots of hugs but glad you made the right decision for you and your family. I wish you the best of luck :)

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
:hug2:

we are here for you if you need to vent ~ don't give up, it will get better

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks ladies....he has been making things hard one his whole family not just me and the kids. He refuses to get outside help. He thinks he can just quit on his own and that should be good enough for me. He wants me to come running back to him because he hadn't drank anything in two days. He thinks that his drinking is not the reason I won't go back to him. He says that my daughter and I are " to comfortable" in our apartment to move back.

I think he should get counciling for drinking and marriage counciling if he and I will ever be together again. He says he will not go to counciling. So now I guess I have to forget him and go on with my life. Twenty years down the drain. A failed marriage and split family was never in my dreams as a child. It is sad.

Thank you for listening to me vent and trying to comfort me. You ladies are great.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Look forward, not back. Life is too short to let someone else make you miserable. I know easier said than done....but good luck as you and your kids move forward.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm saying prayers for you and your family.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Please do not expect the PO alone to protect you. With abusers, especially ones with substance abuse problems, you have to be very careful. I am not trying to scare you, but please do not open the door to him, and do not talk to him. As soon as he engages you in conversation or gets his big foot in your front door, he will figure all bets are off regarding the PO and the police will not feel as strongly about enforcing it if you have allowed him in. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

You are on the right track, movingon with your life. At first it will be tough and you will think that you can't make it, most of us here thought that when we were going through similar circumstances. It gets easier as time goes on and one day you will feel really content, look around, and wonder why you put up with him for so long! Things are looking up for you, honey!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts