Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so proud of myself (and shocked!) I just had to share!

My husband and I are black friday shoppers. Not the kind that camp out or get up at 3 am--we just get there early enough to get the door-buster prices before noon! This year I was especially determined to get as close to finished shopping in that one day as I was having surgery the following week and probably wouldn't want to shop for a while.
I am happy to report that after a few days of recovery, I began wrapping the presents and realized that I am 99% done with Christmas shopping! I literally only have two small gifts to purchase! Also, this is the first year ever that I have my wrapping done too. Last year I was 8 1/2 months pregnant and wrapping presents on Christmas Eve...never again!!

I hope many of you have this same accomplishment already this season. Some of you probably do ever year, but this is definately a new feeling for me! :swave:

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Great job! I hope you are recovering well!

I usually try to be done with everyone but my kids by Oct. I am really lagging!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Great job and I'm glad your recovery went well.:swave:

·
19,119 Posts
No wonder you're so excited!! Congratulations and mahalo for sharing the good news!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats on being almost finished!!

I was like you last year, only I was due on 12/21, but I finished christmas shopping the DAY I went into labor (17th). I still had to recover and wrap gifts once back home. I said Never Again also, but this year is turning out the same way...:sigh:

You are my inspiration!! Great Job!!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Great Job, and glad you are recovering well.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great job! I am glad you are feeling well. :)

·
27,948 Posts
Wtg! Hope you are taking it easy.:smted:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Way to go!

I have purchased ONE gift so far - and it's for DD#1's boyfriend, not even a family member. I'm planning on hitting it hard tomorrow, but of course we have a winter storm predicted.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts