Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gosh! I feel like I've been gone forever!! Its good to be back.

My hysterectomy is over. Its been kinda rough the past couple of weeks, but I'm starting to feel more like myself. I went for my post-op checkup Wednesday and got my staples out. Whew!! The pathology report looked very good. Doc says the cancer is GONE!!! I'm so thankful for doctors and their vast knowledge AND for catching the cancer early. Now all I've got to do is finish healing.

I've got a question for those who've had hysterectomies: Why does the area around my incision burn? Every once in a while I get this intense burning sensation. My husband says it may have something to do with the nerves healing. Any ideas?

·
27,948 Posts
Wonderful news Tater!Cause for Celebration!!
Now you take good care of yourself and heal.:heartsm:

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
So happy to hear your surgery went well and that you are on the mend. Do take care of yourself, saying healing prayers for you!:angel:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:hurray: :hurray:

Glad to have you back Tater, and so happy to hear that the cancer is gone! :)

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Glad to have you back Tater. The burning sensation has to do with the cut nerves, etc.....BUT do keep a close eye on that incision. They can get infected and hurt really bad. Watch for more redness and swelling.....Take care!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Praise God for great surgeons and that your cancer is gone! :hug2: I'm so glad you are back Tater. Take things easy for awhile so you don't set your healing back.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Take it easy and don't do too much.... glad to hear things went so well.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm so glad your back and on the road tp recovering !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
:welcome: back Tater! I am glad to hear it went well and that the cancer is gone. I had one done 10 years ago and I remember the burning across my incision also. It went away after the healing was finished.

Remember to take it easy and don't overdo while you are healing.:D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi Tater!:) I hope you heal very quickly. I'm glad the surgery went well.:heartsm:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Hi Tater, so happy to hear your surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery! :hurray:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Tater.....So glad you received GOOD NEWS. Take it easy...do what the Drs. say & get better soon. :smball:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks so much you guys!! Having your support means a lot. My husband has been "Mr. Mom" for the past two weeks and hasn't let me do a thing around the house. I could get used to this!:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts