Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,
I'm really excited! My husband works for a construction company and they are doing a remodel on a home in an upscale neighborhood. The people are tearing out their old bathroom with it's 2 year old top of the line bath, sink and toilet and putting in new ones in another color. My husband's boss is giving him the "old" ones. They are grey colored, but it sure is better than the avocado green ones I have now. Plus, we only have a tiny shower in our bathroom at the moment and now we will have a big bathtub (we're going to remodel our bathroom)!
Yesterday, DH came home and said,"Do you want a stainless steel kitchen sink?". I told him of course I did, I'm tired of looking at the avocado green badly stained and chipped sink I have now. Guess what he's bringing home from the remodel today? The people are getting new sink and told DH's boss to just do what they wanted with the bathroom stuff and the sink, so DH's boss gave them to us. What a blessing!!! I'm so thankful that Ken (DH's Boss) is also his best friend and one of he nicest guys you will ever meet.:)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is wonderful. Enjoy your new bathroom and kitchen sink. :D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I'm so excited for you! :hurray:
Renovations like that will make you feel like you have a whole new house!

And I know what you mean about the avacado green fixtures... I have two green toilets, a green shower stall, and a green bathtub! Yuck!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
WOOHOO! Enjoy the new bathroom and kitchen!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We will still have the green bathtub in the other bathroom. Hoping to hit another remodel and replace that too! ;)

·
27,948 Posts
Good stuff! Good for you!:)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Wow ! I think that is awsome ! Enjoy your remodel..... We were given some doors years ago (nice ones) and we made good use of those, I love to see things made new or reused again.....
Congrats Debbie !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
What a good way to put an end to yesterday's stressful day!

Gld for your new treasures Debbie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts