Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to try selling Avon again. I sold it years ago and really liked it. I have been informed that this town does NOT have an Avon Lady. So I think maybe I will do well.
I signed up yesterday and I am just waiting to hear from the district manager and get my start up kit from her.
I'll let ya know how I do!

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Good for you Sherry, I am excited for you!! I know you'll do well. Let us know how you are doing with it!!!:smball:

·
Registered
601 Posts
WTG and GOOD LUCK to you Sherry!!!!! You should do great in a town that has no AVON lady..... :clap:

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Good luck Sherry, I'm sure you'll do well. The lady that sells Avon here in our small town of 450 does a super job and when it comes to Christmas, she can't keep up with the orders.

Avon has so many neat things now.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! I'll keep ya posted. :)

·
27,948 Posts
Go get'em Sherry! Have fun!:)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Good luck, Sherry! You will do great being the only Avon lady there. I tried it once, but there are sooo many Avon reps here that I had a really hard time with it.

Avon is the only makeup I use. So, I love their products. Actually, I have an order due in today. :)

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wish you lived closer, Jenn. I'd be your Avon Lady. :D

Well... she called this afternoon and we are meeting tomorrow at 3pm to get me all set up. :) I am really excited about this. I think it just may be a good thing.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Good Luck. If we need something can we order through you?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I was an avon lady for a short time. Love the products! I wish you great luck! LOL< I bet that you won't need luck, being that you aare the only one in the area, people will be banging your door down!!! :) Have fun!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good for you. Good luck. Keep us posted. I love Avon. I don't order a lot, but one of the bus drivers at the school I work at sells Avon. She loves it.

yolo

·
Registered
611 Posts
You go girl!! I hope you have great success with this! YOu should do very well, the products sell themselves!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone!

Angelee...YES! I will get the specifics today, but I believe you can call the toll free number and order through me and it is shipped directly to you. I bet you can do it online too. I will get details today, because my family in PA will need to do it that way too. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good Luck!!

If you work at you can really build up a client base (which is what you really need) and you'll be getting regular orders.

I sold Avon about 4 years ago for a total of about a year and LOVED IT but I stopped doing it after my now 4 year old was born. It got to be too much trying to deliver stuff and take a baby with me.

to brag just a little: I was # 3 in my district a few times, was new rep of the year, and made honor circle all within that one year. So it is very doable. Just work hard at it.

Gosh you're making me long to sell it again........not with 4 kids, and homeschooling now.......it would just be too much on me right now.

GOOD LUCK!! :smball:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good Luck Sherry. I sell Avon and have done well so far. I started a few months ago. Keep in mind you can also sell online. Thats how most of my business is done through my website. Look into it when you talk with you District Manager. She will tell you how to go about your website.
Good Luck again!
God Bless,
SandyLea

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Laura... I hope I can do that well! When I sold it in PA there was alot of people in the area selling it... so I didn't do too well. Plus I spent all my earnings back into it. LOL

SandyLea... that is another one of my questions for her. I definately want to do online sales. Do you have them pay shipping and send it them when you get it... or is it sent to them directly from Avon? I know when I sold before people could call and order and you got credit. But the internet wasn't as much a part of life as it is now. I'm sure things have changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sherry, You have the option of building a webpage on thier server. It is $7.50 per campaign. The customer can pay online and it is shipped straight to them. Or they can have it shipped to you and you figure shipping, charge them then send it. I have done pretty good so far on it. It takes time, Truthfully, It is more of a hobby for me then anything. I have fun doing it. I hope you do too.
God Bless,
SandyLea

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm officially an Avon Lady! lol

SandyLea... thanks for all the info. :) I know I will eventually do the web site, but I think I will wait till I get some customers built up. I know I would get sales and it would be worth it though.

BUT people can also order through me at Avon's website... it will ask you for my number when you order. Then they ship it to the customer and I get my percentage for the sale. That was neat info.
I was also excited to learn I can place my orders online... and even pay for them online. No mailing or dropping in a drop box anymore. :)

Soooo I'm all set... and Monday I will be out distributing books. But she didn't give me many, so I'll have to take it slow. :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts