Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for spring break that I've never had before. What do I write on the list? Believe it or not, I've never had to do this before! I wrote down my cell and work phone #, what else do I write? Any sugg. would be helpful!:hmmm:

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Are there any relatives or friends that live nearby? If so I would add their numbers. Eventhough I know my pediatrician's and dentist's numbers by heart, I keep them posted because in an emergency or stressed situation I may forget. Plus any allergies your DD may have. Other than that I am not sure.

I just thought about this - maybe the number to poison control.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Well yes, start with your work #, Cell phone #, emergency # then add:

- Local Police #
- Additional Family Members # in case of emergency
- Instructions on what to do in case of an emergency like dialing 911, etc..

I am sure some of the other laides here will have more info, I've never done it but that's what I would start with, :)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Oops forgot:

- Your pediatricians #
- Nearest Hospital's #

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I was thinking in addition to the emergency numbers, make sure the baby sitter knows all the rules your daughter needs to follow, activities your daughter enjoys, if the sitter is going to be making any meals make sure she knows how to prepare the food. If there is a set schedule you would like your daughter to be on for the week, you could leave that for the sitter too. Also make it clear if you don't want her (the sitter) on the phone all day or having vistors over to your house (I am picturing sitcoms where the sitter does these things, I am sure your sitter is more responsible.)

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Marie! Great advice! I'll write everything down.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
tell her anything that is off limits for her or your child. i'm thinking things like the computer, your room, etc.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I had a better 15 year old baby sitter than most of the ones I had in their 20s. My immediate thought was "rules", but the emergency info is good too. You need to think about how much freedome you want to give her to make decisions - if you want to curtail it, then write down planned meals and activities. Also, make it clear whether she is permitted to drive your child anywhere or not - I would probably be disinclined, but I'm conservative about such things.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would think that the basic phone number listing, and with a tour of the house, you can tell the babysitter what is and isn't off limits to your child. You will also have to establish appropriate discipline/punishment guidelines to the babysitter. If this babysitter came from a recommendation or came with appropriate references you shouldn't have any trouble. A 17-year-old should be mature enough to babysit. I started babysitting at 12 (but I did live next door too and my parents were available if anything should happen--thank goodness I never needed help).

·
Registered
737 Posts
Our babysitter is sixteen and we love her. My only issue is that dd is never in bed when we get home, but she does manage to get ds in bed and he's the one who needs to be in bed early for the most part. I would just make sure she knows what is and isn't allowed. Kids will usually test the babysitter too so this is also a good test for your children to see how well they'll observe the rules when you're not around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts