Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am here in California. We live just outside of Sacramento. If anyone is interested in trading coupons or being a money saving buddy, let me know.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Hi Kathis!

I am in California also..about a half hour from San Jose :)

Do you shop at Ralphs by the way?

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, if I have seen a good deal at Ralph's and I have a coupon, I will shop there. I usually shop at Food 4 Less though. I always have baby coupons and all our granddaughters are getting to be big girls so, LMK if there are baby coupons you can use.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I could really use Luvs diaper coupons if they are still around.

I haven't seen them in ages though.

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will look to see if I have any coupons from Luv's. I'll let you know if I find any.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We have Ralphs here in So. California and I used to shop there a lot with the double coupons but I have found that Stater Brothers is even cheaper and they don't double coupons!!!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
good deal mom2knk!

I miss Stater bros soo much! It was my childhood store growing up!

Ralphs is the cheapest for most conveince foods/cereals after coupon but I do shop at Raley's a lot for cheaper produce, dairy, bread and meat :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My Mom lives in Las Vegas and she loves Raley's. We don't have them here in So. Cal. We just had a brand new Stater Brothers open up near us and it is beautiful!!! They sell Krispy Kreme donuts there~my dks think that is so neat!!:D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Lucky! I still haven't even seen one Krispy Kreme store anywhere around here! And they sound so good from everything I've heard!

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never heard of Stater Brothers. I guess I missed out, huh? Have either of you shopped at Food Source? I see ads from them but, I have never shopped there.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I've never heard of a Food Source before..well now that I keep thinking about it, it's starting to sound a little familiar :D

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have never heard of Food Source either. These are the stores I have here........
Ralphs
Vons
Stater Brothers
Albertsons
Food For Less
Pak N Save
Ralphs and Vons dbl. coupons but Vons has now changed and will only dbl. one like coupon so I have stopped shopping there!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I am in Southern California--in the city of Trabuco Canyon. I mainly shop at Ralph's and Costco. I never tried couponing but I think I am going to start! Ralphs always doubles coupons so I tend to save the most when I go there. I use a price book currently so I try to get the lowest price possible!

Betsy

G

·
I live in the Central Valley of California and we've got Ralphs, Big Lots, Sav-a-lot, Vons(our version of Safeway), Grocery Outlet, Food 4 Less, and Food Maxx. I haven't shopped at Ralph's yet, I usually do Food 4 Less, Costco, and Grocery Outlet. Is Ralph's really that good?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Is Ralph's really that good?
Ohhh boy is it EVER :)

If you have the right coupons for your family, and wait for the product to go on the right sale..and trade for extra coupons..you can get 100$ worth of groceries for around 20$ ..that's what I've been doing since last October :D

When we used to shop at mainly ALbertsons and sometimes safeway..we spent around 500$ (BEFORE Our baby was born!) and it seemed like we never had enough food at the end of the week..

NOW that the baby is here, we always have a stocked fridge/freezer and pantry..stocked HBA..plenty of wipes and diapers..and we spend around 150-200$ a month on average..

Much of that is due to the double coupons at Ralphs, as well as free after rebate items I can get PAID to 'buy' when I use a coupon on the free after rebate items at places like Rite aid, longs drugs, walgreens etc..

I don't have a Grocery Outlet here though, so I don't know how much better I would be able to do there than at Ralphs.

G

·
You have to share tips...Please!!! I still have two in diapers and, with three little ones...I need stock in a wipes company!
:)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
You have to share tips...Please!!!
Surely :)

There is a Ralphs online 'club' thread around here that we just started..hopefully that will be of some help also if you want to start shopping there.

My wipes I buy for 1$/ 80 pack at Big Lots..I try to make each wipe last a long time, like folding it over etc..ripping it in half..for the heavy duty stuff I don't bother :D
Some people also make there own wipes and I'm sure there is a recipe around here somewhere for that too :)

I combine a lot of different ways of saving money also, like buying loss leader produce,eggs, finding meat on sale and using coupons on them if I have them, shopping around at different (close) stores to get the loss leaders at each one, cooking from scratch, and having a stocked pantry of all the basics that we use..that way I don't have to run to the store and buy something at full price when we run out..

That's pretty much the basics of it I think :)

Ask away we are all full of answers and tips here :)

Welcome to the boards btw!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts