Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been away for way too long so here I am again.We've had so much going on the last few months I just had to buckle down and concentrate on them. Let's see a few things that have preoccupied my little mind are:
August-vacation and DH's niece got married
Sept-second shift guy got a better job so third shift gal and I worked 12 hour shifts for awhile
Oct-took DL shopping for wedding, shopping for wedding clothes for DH and I, wedding over finally
Nov-DH got promotion and is now a full time driver(explantion following).
Some of you may recall about a year ago I posted about one of the night drivers being in a wreck that caused a fatallity. We thought DH would move up to this spot but the company had to let that driver take and medical leave for therapy, which he did and then he went back to the job. Well just 2 weeks ago the same driver rear ended a car on the highway, thankfully no fatallities this time, and he tore up the rental truck he was driving as well. He lost the driving job and DH got it. He's been working for this job for ten years. Funny thing now is I just got laid off as of today. Once again God has provided us with what we need. This full time driving job is a substantial raise so it will still cover the bills and keep us fed while I'm at home. I'm scheduled to see my ENT next Monday and talk about sinus surgery. DH is putting me on his insurance and since I'm not working I won't have to waste my vacation days for the surgery. There really is a silver lining in every cloud, you just have to use a telescope to see it sometimes.
Anyway I will have plenty of time to gab with you all and I can see I have a ton of catching up to do.

Cat

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Constance. Congrats to you on that angel I see in your avatar.:angel:
P.S. Congrats to Moderator Constance, you go girl.

Cat

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Welcome back Cat! Glad to hear from you. Congrats to DH on his promotion! :)

Reactions: Sassyclass

·
27,948 Posts
Welcome back and best wishes with your upcoming surgery.
I like how you whip out your telescope,if need be, to help you see that silver lining. :thumb:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats on your DH's promotion. Sorry that you lost your job. Wishing you a speedy recovery from the surgery.
Well I haven't completely lost my job, I'm just laid off until inventory dwindles. The owner expects orders to pick up by the end of the year before price increases take effect. So I'm going to enjoy the time off by getting my home in order.

Cat

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Welcome back and congrats to your hubby!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.