Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a pressure cooker at a yard sale Saturday for .25c....
It has the regulator, seals and the bottom piece for canning....
I cooked a very nice roast and potatoes in it in about 30 minutes...... :D :D :D Dh loved it ! I have never had one before so any advice, tips, precautions, recipes would be appreciated !

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I am jealous Lori!! I want one....and I only want to pay 25 cents too!!!:D

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
i have one and am afraid to use it.;) ;) i'm afraid it will blow up on me....:toothy: maybe someday i'll get the courage. LOL:D

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I also have a "fear" of pressure cookers...I have heard they are great though........by the way what a deal you got...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lori or anyone else that has a good roast recipe for the pressure cooker would you please share it? I used to have a good recipe but have lost it. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I have a pressure cooker cookbook-I will dig it out and post some recipes-maybe later today if I can get the time.

Please-please, if I forget-send me a pm-busy busy busy these days and I would forget my head if it wasn't attatched!!! :bang:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
My goodness, Lori!!!! What a great price for a pressure cooker!!!
Lucky you!:D

Misty...I also used to be afraid of my pressure cooker. lol I finally ended up using it, and it never blew up.;) But I have to confess, I gave it to my sister, a few years ago. She needed it more than me.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Great deal Lori!!

I've debated before about buying one because the only thing I know to cook in one is roast lol

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not that I don't beleive that they can be dangerous, but have you ever known anyone that had one explode...... I did a careful safety check on mine..... I was afraid too and them got the courage to use it .....

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
About 3 years ago, I bought a set of 2 pressure cookers, a large one and a smaller one from QVC. I love them! I use the smaller one more often because of just cooking for dh and myself. Of course, I did not spend 25 cents for it! (I am jealous) Anyway, there is nothing better than cooking ribs or stew in them. I cooked a roast in it awhile back and it just fell apart just like it would do in a crockpot, but of course the time difference is just amazing. Nothing better to use when you work all day and forgot to put something in the crockpot. :toothy:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I got mine at a yard sale too, but I had to pay $1. It has wooden handles and the top screws down. It's pretty cool. I just use it to can vegetables though.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Wow Lori, that is a bargain. I bet you will be cooking up all sorts of yummy dishes in it. That is a quarter well spent. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts