Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found me a new source of protein! TUNA!!

I always thought I would NEVER like it. Until lately coupons for it came out and I HAD to try it since it was really cheap.

Low and behold I love it! (mixed with diced celery, relish, mustard and a little mayo, but i could probably hold the mayo)

It's so nice to have a new option for my meals!!!
Low in fat and high in protein, it's great!!! Plus it gets me in some veggies by mixing in the celery and relish...hmm does relish even count as a veggie? :D

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Just checking to see if I can even post, I've been having trouble getting through to the site! ( By the way, I love tuna, too.:) )

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I love tuna too! If you like cottage cheese, it's great mixed with that and a bit of onion, I know weird, but I love it!:smball:

·
27,948 Posts
Tuna does a body good! I love to give my cat the water that's drained off a can of water packed tuna. It makes my cat very happy!:paw:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I find that i have a craving for tuna from time to time, after awhile i get tired of it --but then when i go for a month or 2 without any then i want to eat it alot....:)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Take a can of tuna, drain it. Put it in a bowl or saucer, then sprinkle it with Lemon Pepper, top it with some (canned/jar) mushroom slices, then put on a slice of American Cheese. Heat in the microwave until the cheese melts slightly.

MMMMmmmm! I love tuna also.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I ate a ton of tuna when I was doing Atkins. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat it again :laugh:

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I like tuna also but am like Vickie, it goes in cycles. For awhile I will eat it every few days and then I won't eat it for a month or more. Put it is good for you and we all need more food like that;)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
That's great Heather!:) I like tuna too. But I can tired when I eat too much. It's fun to hear what others do with tuna.

Hey! Why don't we start a thread about tuna recipes-lowfat of coarse...?:D

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Not in a house
not with a mouse
Not in a box
not with a fox
I do not like it here or there
I do not like it anywhere

I do not like Tuna. :biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts