Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
FV Buddy
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is the reason I have been away....bad, I know! :toothy:

I haven't been around much lately because I met this wonderful guy...who I was pushing away. So for the last month, I have been soul searching and trying to work out some of my issues. And I finally let go of my fears, mistrust and hurt and realized that I have feelings for this man.

He is soooooooo wonderful and romantic. He is away a lot....usually two weeks out of the month...so we are always emailing each other, little phone calls etc. I like my time alone though too, so having him away is okay...I told myself I didn't want to lose my independence with him, the way I did with my past relationship.

When he came back on Saturday night...I went to his place after work...on the door was a single red rose. When I opened the door....there are stairs (he lives in a downstairs apartment)...he had candles on both sides of the steps on each step with rose petals.....leading through the kitchen to his bedroom. Everything else was dark. Classical music (Pachelbel which we love) was playing softly. In his bedroom, was a huge gift bag with tissue paper all decorated with Easter stuff. Behind me I heard a voice...he was sitting in the dark on the couch in the living room (watching my reaction) he was wearing a white button down dress shirt, black dress pants and a red tie.....very handsome. He had two glasses of red wine for us ready. He then told me to read what was on the computer screen....I will share just the beginning so you have an idea what beautiful poetry he writes:
My Love and Affection

The Candles are the light that you bring into my day.
The Rose petals are the path as you show me the way.
The Red Wine is the love for you that pumps through my veins
The Music is your voice that steals the pain.
This is what you are to me.
And what you'll always be.
He then proceeded to express some very deep emotions in a long beautiful letter I will cherish for the rest of my days.

How could I not fall in love?
I remember Daphne posting "what your most romantic date was" and this was mine.:hearts:

·
Registered
895 Posts
WOW!! He sounds wonderful Theresa. I was hoping your abscence was due to your new bf. I'm so happy to hear how in love you are. You deserve it sweetie. You enjoy that man. When do we get to see pictures of you two together? ;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wow, where did you find him????????? He sounds great.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh, Theresa....I am soooo happy for you! :hugz: :heartsm: :heartsm: :heartsm: :heartsm: I wish you lots of love and cherished moments with your new boyfriend.

Lucie ((((hugs))))

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Omg I got the goosepimples reading that, it's so sweet!
He sounds like quite the keeper!

Omg just imagining him sitting there watching...aaahhhhh how cute!!

I can't wait to see pictures too! :D
I am so happy for you! :)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
:blush: AWWWWWWWWW...... I'm so happy for you ! I'm so glad you let yourself have this !!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I am so happy that you have found someone to share yourself with, you are such a wonderful person and deserve to have a partner to share life with!

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I am just so happy for you Theresa!! Glad you have taken time for you and this man sounds absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!!! He thinks of everything!! My Lord, if my DH ever lit candles down the steps and scattered rose petals I would die of shock.....oh, this is about you here;)...... , really I am happy you found someone that you can be you with!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Theresa, he sounds divine. I am so happy for you!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
He sounds wonderful! I'm so happy for you! Do you think he'd give lessons in romance to my hubby??? I love my man, but he is a little weak in putting much thought into a "romantic evening". LOL! Not that I'd ever trade him for anyone else though. He's mine and I know that God made him just for me!:angel:

·
Registered
611 Posts
You lucky, lucky girl!! He sounds heavenly....enjoy every minute!!! I'm so happy for you!

·
27,948 Posts
Theresa, to have someone in your life who clearly cherishes you is just the ultimate. Enjoy, Enjoy!!!

·
FV Buddy
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone...I realize how lucky I am...the other day he said let's go out and get a book on dating...so we went to the bookstore and he bought 10 000 ways to say I love you...and it has all kinds of romantic ideas....he is just so wonderful. We laugh together and are great friends, but the romance in this guy is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

·
FV Buddy
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, BTW, Vickie, I met him on an internet dating site if you can believe that....both of us have taken our profiles off since....we are unavailable, lol!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Theresa, I think I'm in love with your guy! :) He sounds fabulous! I'm so happy for you! You deserve this!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Theresa....I will lay odds that your man is one of the "QUIET/NICE" guys! I have one and they are THE MOST ROMANTIC of men...sigh

It's nice to know there are other women in this world who are loved by romantic men! ENJOY;)

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
wow! he sounds wonderful! you lucky girl! have fun!!;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts