Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started putting some water into my tomato seeds about a week or two ago. It seems like as soon as one of the six plots sprouted something green, the others just followed suit (except for two of the six, who seem to be lagging behind).

But as soon as that sprout happened, even more sprouts came out! One pot went from having one small sprout to having three really tall ones all in the span of like two days!

I am just in awe at how awesome it really is. :) Anyone else feel that way? Does this mean I've fallen in love with gardening?

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I still get giddy with excitement when a seed that I planted makes its debut, and I've been gardening for several decades now. :) So yes, I think it means you've fallen in love, and I hope you are ready for a lifetime relationship, because once you get the bug, you never ever really look at life the same way again. :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Plantlife is an awesome wonder of God's creation!
To think that the life cycle of a plant is pre-programmed into the seed, and that it will sprout, grow, develop and bear fruit.

The plants of all the seasons thrill me!
"Oh world, I cannot hold thee close enough".

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
yeah me too I love walking thrugh woods and fields and seeing everyhting renewing itself and so beaustiful.
so many colors , shapes of all differnt things that God created and to the simple blades of grass and wild flowers blwoing in the wind.
gardening is mans/ womans way I find to keeping to nature and finding oneself into it.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I love walking out each day to see changes in the garden and in my yard...everything is growing like crazy and looking amazing!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Yes, you are bitten by the bug! Welcome to the world of gardening! Have fun and enjoy. :)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:D

I feel so giddy just thinking about it. I actually got all excited when I went to get more potting soil today and spent a good amount of time admiring flowers at the garden centre. MIL is bringing plants but I'm not sure how many or what they are, so we'll see. :D

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I can totally relate to your feelings and this year I was really bitten by the bug myself. I LOVE looking at flowers. I LOVE reading about flowers and I LOVE watching them grow. I wish I felt the same about gardening food though. :lol:

·
Registered
304 Posts
I always have said that I feel closer to God when my hands are in the dirt.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I have some sprouts in the garden too, and I can't wait each morning to get out there and check them out!!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found some sprouts in my side garden this afternoon! I'm so excited. :D

It's my lettuce that's coming up. I hope the onions will come up soon as well. I inherited two more tomato plants that were grown a lot larger than mine were and some flowering plants for the front garden. MIL gave me a Topsy Turvy and that'll go up sometime next week. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts