chocolate mayo cake
chocolate buttercream frosting
peanut butter cookies
corn syrup

*sub* for marcapone cheese

·
2,688 Posts
You been busy :)

Only baking I have done this week so far, is 2 loaves of scratch banana bread, and today was 2 homemade pumpkin pies, while I had the chicken in the oven.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I'm looking to increase my knowledge of making anything I can from scratch to save my family more money..:rollsmile
And yes, it's so true about saving money, :sly: but also, you know EXACTLY what you're eating too! For me that's the best part! So great job brenda. Keep posting your new found recipes. :stir: I love reading them, and just might try a couple myself.

Theresa :)

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
I've realized since I'm doing more scratch cooking I have a lot more room in the pantry because it's not loaded up with single-purpose items, and it finally occurred to me yesterday we're accumulating a lot less packaging to recycle, too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I've realized since I'm doing more scratch cooking I have a lot more room in the pantry because it's not loaded up with single-purpose items, and it finally occurred to me yesterday we're accumulating a lot less packaging to recycle, too.
These are great unintended benefits from cooking from scratch, aren't they? There really are so many upsides to it, beyond the obvious of being cheaper and/or healthier. Makes it easy to continue. :)

Kara

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I bet the kids are loving it too! Mine always like when I would go on a baking/cooking spree.

Now that they aren't at home I bake it up and freeze it. Twice now I have been able to pull an item out for a potluck that I wasn't planning for in my budget. Other times I will pull something out that I forgot about and was looking for an easy dinner. Its really rewarding to have a hot meal without the work on a tired night, OR the preservatives!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts