Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,
I have this wonderful friend named Dorene. She has convinced me that I need to run away from home for 3 days and go to a Christian Women's Conference at our church! She called and blessed my socks off one morning about 2 weeks ago telling me that she was going to pay all my expenses and all I had to do was say "yes". Now, you don't argue with Dorene! She is this awesome and strong Christian lady that loves to bless her friends.:angel: It had been my desire to go to this conference, but we just couldn't swing the expense of it, so I had bowed out of going. That is when God "whispered" in Dorene's ear and she called to tell me that God wanted her to take me. The timing was also so "God". I was getting ready to leave for the hospital to have a mammogram and ultrasound done on a lump in my breast and was so nervous. I really wanted to talk to her that morning and get her reassurance that everything would be fine (she has been praying for me along with a few other close friends and family). Everything turned out well all the way around!!! God is good ladies and He loves to bless us through people.:angel:

So, I leave tomorrow and come back home Saturday. Many of my friends (we all live an hour or more from church) will be there and we all have rooms at a hotel. We are doing a whole "girls getaway" and are looking forward to late nights, laughter, great teaching and fellowship. I'm just prayng that my home will still be in one piece when I get back and everyone will have at least tried to eat healthy! I've never left all my guys before.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Oh, Debbie, I am so happy for you!! Sounds like a wonderful time!!! I would love to do that someday!! You sure are blessed with a terrific friend!!:angel:

Tell us all about it when you get back, OK?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give you a full report!:angel: Thanks Calico!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Debbie, I am so happy and excited for you! God is so awesome! He works in such wonderful ways. What a blessing to have such a friend. She will be blessed by God for her goodness too.

Enjoy your trip and the fellowship and don't worry about your house. Your boys will surprise you! I am sure it will be ship-shape when you return.

God Bless You and your Sisters in Faith.

·
27,948 Posts
Have a great time Debbie! :smball:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Have a great time. Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I hope you have a wonderful,blessed time!:angel:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Have a great time Debbie !!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Have fun. It's sounds like so much fun and what a wonderfull friend you have.:D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Have a wonderful time Debbie! :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds like you're supposed to go for a reason. Maybe you will be someone else's God breeze there!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Debbie! I hope you have a great time! :) I can't wait to hear how much fun you had!

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Have a great time! What wonderful friends you are blessed with. {hugs} One question....It wouldn't happen to be Women of Faith would it? My MIL is going to that this weekend in Louisville, KY. I know they have several go on during the year. :)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I hope you have a great time! You are truely blessed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts