Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago an old friend from high school emailed me from classmates.com. I was in 9th grade and he was in 12 but we were best friends all that year. We lost contact about 15 years ago. So after emailing, im'ing, phoning, we caught up and then we found out we both had a crush on each other way back then but nothing was ever said.

We've been a few dates so far and all I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW

last week I had him meet me and my kids at the park and we pretended that we both happened to be there in front of my kids. We had a blast and he asked my oldest if it was okay if he took us out for ice cream afterwards. Everything went great. He asked my oldest if he could take out on a date, my oldest was okay with it.

Tonight my mom came over to babysit and I got to dress up, put on make up and everything. My kids decided they wanted to go out on a date to and he was okay with it so we all ended up at a pizza place and then we saw a kiddie movie and then we played games when we got back to my house.

This is the first decent guy i've dated since my divorce 6 years ago. I'm so excited and haven't been this happy in a very long time.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
glad you had a great nite......keep us updated!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
im excited for you!! keep us updated!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
How fun! Keep us updated! (I feel like we're at a slumber party!)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no one to talk to and i'm not yapping to my mom about it so I thought i'd come here lol

I find it amazing that he remembers my likes, dislikes, and favorites from high school and he even remembers what I wore the first day we met

I've been so giggly excited lol

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Ok, so now I'll be the mom that comes in and crashes the slumber party.....

Be careful to not move too quickly with this guy. You have ALOT on your plate right now, and how shall I say.......your previous guys have not been the best.......
I am totally saying this in a caring, concerned manner, not at all trying to be mean or unkind. I hope you can "hear" my compassion in this post.

I am really glad that you reconnected with this guy, he sounds great. I love that he's willing to include your girls.....
just be cautious hon :)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Ok, so now I'll be the mom that comes in and crashes the slumber party.....

Be careful to not move too quickly with this guy. You have ALOT on your plate right now, and how shall I say.......your previous guys have not been the best.......
I am totally saying this in a caring, concerned manner, not at all trying to be mean or unkind. I hope you can "hear" my compassion in this post.

I am really glad that you reconnected with this guy, he sounds great. I love that he's willing to include your girls.....
just be cautious hon :)

Ditto what she said! Be careful & take it slow and I'm sure he'll turn out to be just as charming and sweet as he was in highschool!:heartsm:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reminder

i'm just having fun and not expecting much, I think thats why i'm having such a great time

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Good for you! Just have fun and let it go wherever it goes! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Aww! I love stories like this...I'm currently dating my high school sweetheart after not seeing/hearing from him for 8 years.

Isn't it wonderful? I'm so happy for you :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts