Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a bit childish but I'm SO excited!

When I was a child we used to let hellium balloons go with messages on quite often and I NEVER recieved one back.

On Saturday it was my nephews 18th Birthday party and I let a balloon go with a message for the children.

I got a letter this morning - It was found in Austria up the Alps!

I was jumping for joy - The children couldn't care less LOL.

·
27,948 Posts
I'd be excited too Bev!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
We did the same thing one year in Elementary school. I don't know if anyone ever received a letter. How cool Bev!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That would excite me too !!!!!!!
That sound like fun ! :D :smball: :smball: :smball:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
wow, that's really neat--how did they contact you?

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
wow, I would love that to happen to me too... How fun!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Michelle ~ I put a message on it with our address and I got a letter back. It's written on hotel paper it says:

Dear Sashka & Emy,

We found your balloon high in the Alps above Alpback this afternoon, when we made a hike. How long ago and what place did you let it fly? Are you having Summer holidays in Austria, like we? (oh how I WISH lol)

With love from
Ronald & Trudy - from the Netherlands.

I'm going to scrapbook it - Everybody thinks I've lost it LOL - I'm STILL excited!

We let a balloon go once and it got stuck in a tree while we were still watching it LOL.

Everybody said this one wasn't lifting properly and it wouldn't go far :( - Austria!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
I think its wonderful. Children just don't know how to appreciate fun things like us grown ups do. I think its super you got a response.

pat

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
:smball: That is so exciting!!!!!! What a totally cool thing:smball: ...You aren't crazy for wanting to scrapbook the letter, I would do the same!!!!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
We did this as kids and never heard a thing. That is really the coolest thing that you got a response.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
WOW...that is so cool bev. we did it too in elementary school, with no response. i'd be excited too.:toothy: :toothy:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I love doing things like that..I never received anything back,but I would be just as excited if I did :D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
That is so cool Bev! :D I would scrapbook it too and I'm sure your children will love the memory in a few years too! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts