Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had leftover roasted chicken, about 5 cups of mashed potatoes and gravy left from a couple of days ago..my oldest kid just loves chicken soup and he had been asking me for a couple of weeks to make him some.. with it only in the 50's for the high today it was a perfect day for soup.. Anyhow I took all the above and threw it in a pot with some water and boiled the meat for a couple of hours then deboned it threw it back in the pot cut up some onions threw about 7 bouillion cubes some pepper and more water simmered it for a couple more hours then added the carrots and later the noodles...All I heard from my boys was it was the best soup they ever had.. I'm so happy they loved it!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Yum!! I bet it was good!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I never considered adding the mashed potatoes.. good idea, I will try that next time. Sounds so good and it is getting cooler around here. Thanks

·
27,948 Posts
Yum! Love doing that with leftover turkey & gravy. Makes you feel good when your kids think your food rocks.;)

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I really wasn't sure how it would taste with all the mashed potatoes.. but it made the soup into a creamy broth base and perfect actually..

·
Registered
275 Posts
i agree

it sounds marvelous. but i dont think i can do the buillion cubes. grrrrr. but i would still eat some if i was there.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
We love soup here even in the summertime. Its cheap and filling and can be heated up in the nuker in a few minutes. Try adding mashed potatoes to navy bean soup it'll give it the same creamy taste.

Laurie in Bradenton

1 - 9 of 9 Posts