Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start working at this job on Tues. It is 3 blocks from my house and it's with our real estate company. I'm so excited. God truly answered my prayers with this!! For the last month or so I've worked at another job (part time) but it's been miserable. If I told you everything that has happened in the last month at that office we would be here all day reading it. This past week I would have a tightness in my chest knowing that I had to go there. On Wed I get an email from my realtors office letting me know that a position has just opened and I come highly recommended. I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!! So I spoke with the vice president of the 'bad' company and told him my situation and the opportunity that has come up and he said he doesn't blame me. He knows I work for a "ragging b...." yes those are his exact words. Also we were to be paid on the 3rd of this month and I would say that 90% of the employees still have not been paid. It was just too awful there. So when this position for the realtor came to me I was so thankful!!! It's less pay but I will save in gas...I was filling up twice a week for this other job.
I hope this isn't too confusing...I am trying to make a very long story really short!! :D Just wanted to let you know what has been going on and how thankful I am!!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Good for you Daphne!! Hey lower pay works when you are saving gas, who knows, this may just be what you are looking for.

Congrats and good luck!:cool:

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I am so happy for you Daphne!! No job is worth your health either, wishing you all the best at your new job!! How exciting!!!:smball:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Daphne, I have worked for that "ragging b...." !! I know just what you mean and your right, it isn't worth it!!

Congrats on your new job!!! :dancing:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
that sounds so wonderful!!! :)
I'm really happy for you :)

Plus if your car is broken down you can always walk there it's so close!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Three blocks away from home, no "ragging b". getting paid on time, working with nice people, less gas money, no tightness in chest...and all the other stuff you didnt have time to mention...hmmm. looks like...You just got a PROMOTION!!!

You Go Girl!!!:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
WTG! :angel:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Oh how wonderfull for you Daphne! Sounds like a great opportunity!:D :smball:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Congrats Daphne! I think God opened a new door for a wonderful opportunity for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm very happy for you! Enjoy your new job and freedom from the "not so nice" lady!:toothy:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
good for you, i now how it feels to work in a stressfull office..i too had to find new employment but it was the best thing that has happened to me.

everything happens for a reason even if u dont know it at the time..good luck and enjoy your commute.:angel: :pblow: :hurray: :dancing: :yippee:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Congrats!! Sounds like a step up!!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
WTG Daphne! :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks so much everyone!! I'm really looking forward to it. Malcom is already making plans to get the "insider scoop" on houses going on the market!! He's ready to buy again to rent out or buy a fixer upper to sell.... so he's excited!!

·
27,948 Posts
:fdance: Good for you Daphne! Enjoy your new job.:)

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Working so close to home will be wonderful for you. No traffic to contend with, a less stressful environment is worth more than a few dollars, I hope you are happy in your new job. It must feel wonderful to be "recruited"!

Deb

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Great news!! I am a firm beliver that it doesn't matter how much money you make if you are not happy. Life is to short to waste your life away on a job you hate...

congrads and good luck on your new job!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts