Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I'm starting to have a hard time with resisting some foods...I haven't eaten much vegtables this past week and a little too much cheese...and I'm craving for chocolate again....and when I eat chocolate, I just don't stop...I know I haven't lost a pound...I will get weighed soon this week at WW.

I need to focus and look for new *very easy* and *quick* lunches and dinners that are healthy, low fat and tasty...

Anyone have really good ideas for me? Thanks...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
You can do it Lucie!!!!
For a quick meal I like to cut up a whole tomato and put some cottage cheese on top of it and salt and pepper, yummy and filling. And this may sound weird but I like to eat green beans, cut up tomato and some bacon(you could use turkey bacon) as a meal. Have you tried Chocolate Reisen(spelling?) candy, it is really chocolatey and if you just let it kind of melt it lasts forever in your mouth, that might help with the chocolate cravings without adding too many calories. You've been doing so great, almost 11 pounds, yippee, keep thinking positive:)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I think Dana's idea about the Reisen is great ! If you really have to have chocolate try that...... One of my very fav meals is cottage cheese with tomatoes, I thought I was the only one !!!!!I think the first rule to success in everything in moderation..... If you must have a little something have only a very little. I know it's easier said than done, but try... Don't keep that stuff in the house, take a walk to get something if you must....... Take the boys with you, they'd be happy to help you eat your treat and leave you only a bit anyway........

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Lately I've just been doing corn on the cob, watermellon and then refried beans with salsa is always a quickie too :)

You can do it girl! I know lately I had started to struggle too...

Oh and another thing I love are baby carrots, I don't feel bad eatting tons of those and the kraft 'free' dressings are great to dip them with(no fat and about 40 calories for 2 tablespoons and tastes good to me)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
also just cold cereal (bran flakes, granola etc.) are always quick meals for me, added to that I have a small spoonful of peanut butter for my protein and some fruit in my cereal and it's a balanced meal I think :)

Whole wheat waffles are yummy and hopefully healthy :D I like to buy the eggo ones for a quick meal. I tried some of the special K reduced fat waffles once and those were GROSS, they might have been 'fat free' but I'm not sure...But the whole wheat ones are great! I will top it with peanut butter, honey and applesauce and imitation baco's....it's like heaven!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dana, Lori and Heather for your encouragement and good ideas!:)

Wow! Tell me Lori and Dana... How exactly do you make that meal with tomatoes and cottage cheese? Do just cut the tomatoes in wedges and add cottage cheese?...

Dana, I'll try those chocolate Reisons...but I bettr ask my cousin to keep them at her home for me or else... :toothy:

Heather, your idea of having cereal and fruit and some peanut butter, I think is great. It can be a very good saver when I need to eat lunch quick! :)

Well, with your good advice, I feel already a little more encouraged to continue my weight loss journey! :yippee:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Don't give up Lucie! You can do it!!:D

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Lucie, I either cut the tomatoes in small wedges or in slices (you'll have to cut them up with your fork as you eat) and then just plop some cottage cheese on top of the tomato, add a dash of salt and pepper and yum! So glad you're feeling more encouraged, you can do it!

Another quick meal is a small container of yogurt and then have a sliced apple spread with a little peanut butter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts