Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cross Stitch! It's so much fun and very relaxing. Even fixing mistakes is not hard to do.

I am working on a very tiny 3 x 3 christmas oranament. I've only learned one stitch so far but I will have to learn another one before it is finished.

Anyone else doing any cross stitch or needle point?

I did a lovely piece when I was in High School Art Class but that was back in the 70's so I've forgotten everything and have to learn again.:)

·
27,948 Posts
I enjoy cross stitch & embroidery. I don't do it often because my fingers get numb and very uncomfortable. Your right Dolphin, it is a relaxing hobby to take up. Hardest part is making sure your count is right. :) Have Fun!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Dolphin,

Are you doing counted cross stitch or is it printed? I enjoy doing counted but haven't done it in quite a while (except for a magnet I made Darlene :) ) I used to do really big projects but I like small ones too. You get to see the end result so much faster. :D

Enjoy your new hobby, if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help you out.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm doing counted cross stitch. The squares are tiny but I don't mind it. Did find out I needed really good light though. lol

Thanks for the offer to help. I know I will have questions as I learn the stitches.:)

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Good for you Dolphin!! I used to do some embroidery years ago and it is something I would like to start again. Great reminder, thanks!:smball:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I don't have the small motor skill anymore that it takes to do it........ I hope you find many hours of pleasure working on your beautiful works of art !!!!!!!!!! Try to post a pic when you finish !!!!:D

·
Registered
948 Posts
I've done a lot of x-stitch in the past. I've been planning on doing several small x-mas themed pictures this year for gifts. I need to get started! If you have any questions, dolphin, feel free to post them and I'll try to help out as much as possible!:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts