Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Holidays are over. Healthy-eating-wise, that is.

I have been making dishes all week and freezing them for T-day. Just sides and pies, etc. It is making me soooo hungry for something rich and sinful! :angel:

And then after that's over (and the leftovers are eaten up), I will begin making dishes ahead for Christmas. And baking. And wishing I could EAT THIS STUFF! LOL! I DO plan to have some on Christmas, but I want it NOW!

I would still take my walks, because they make me feel so good, but making all of this food for others to eat is driving me up a wall, when I'm not 'supposed' to have it myself. I am so tired of being told what to do. Even by me! LOL!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Don't throw in the towel! Just have smaller portions of the sinful things you crave. Instead of 6 cookies, eat one slowly. It will help the cravings but keep you on a better track.......this all being said by someone who had Thanksgiving day yesterday and had to be rolled to the bedroom. :D

·
27,948 Posts
Don't deprive yourself, just be mindful. Little bits of this and that can keep you happy without going undoing all your dieting efforts. Enjoy the goodies with everyone then send the leftover sweets home with them. Glad you are keeping up the walks!:thumb:
Oh, don't forget that almost everything you are making can probably be frozen so it doesn't have to stay out in the open tempting you but packaged up for future dinners.

Reactions: cab54

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I agree with Debbie. I should not eat a lot of the traditional foods because of diabetes and they just don't jive with my eating plan. However I find when I 100% deny myself the things I want that I later set myself up for a major carbage binge.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I only eat the things I never get at other times....I can have turkey and potatos whenever, but I splurge a little on other dishes that are special, and just eat small portions. I don't even bother with rolls and fillers, just the things that I really like.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
A moment on the lips, months on the hips....or at least that's the way it seems to go for me! I've been told many times that I should just enjoy things in moderation, but the problem for me is that I don't seem to know what moderation is! One thing I do find helpful is letting myself enjoy a little of a very high quality favorite food...so much more satisfying than a version that is just so-so. :)

G

·
I agree with stinkbug - I try and avoid rolls and mashed potatoes because we have those all the time. HM stuffing and pecan pie, now those are special treats, and I won't pass up on those.

It also helps that I don't host - then I don't have the leftovers hanging around my house!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I guess I worried for nothing---no matter how much stuff I've popped in my mouth this last couple of days, I've LOST two pounds! Probably because I've worked myself ragged! LOL! :shrug2:

·
Registered
708 Posts
he he...I feel deprived cause...

we went to my brothers for thanksgiving dinners and they are moderation people... so I ate plenty and was full however didn't get that stuffed feeling that i usually do... so today.. i am cooking another thanksgiving dinner for the fam and yup...I will be stuffed after i eat this one...I keep telling myself that you will regret it....however the scales tell me i have lost some weight in the last month...so nope i won't regret it cause of the fat issue...however when i can't move and my stomach hurts i might regret it...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Before I eat any sweets I drink one full glass of water then I'm less likely to eat too much.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I usually drink a full glass of water every time I have a meal. I do it before and during the meal. I too have given up on any sort of dieting or working out until after the holidays. When we're at my inlaws, I end up eating so much. :(

I've asked for a couple of fitness items for Christmas to help me out on my quest, but I have been good at cutting back on things here at the house.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.