Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We realized recently that next year the kids registration fees for sports is going up. they are all moving up a division and this means an increase, however there will also be a fee increase this year due to ice costs etc. Dh and I were talking that I would look at vlunteering to do more bingos, but needed to go outside the club as ds may change clubs. Well, I did a volunteer shift last night to find that the hall is hiring staff to work the bingos! I can do 1 shift a month or more. Up to me!! So I talked to dh and he said sure. So I'll do 3 to 4 shifts a month. This will pay all registration fees, equipment purchases, and powerskating as well as their summer camps, PLUS put about $1000 in savings through the year(or snowball it, not sure ..lol) This is great as as soon as the consumer debt is gone I no longer want to do the childcare. It's exhausting> i'll continue for a few months as we hope to do vehicle upgrades and maybe a holiday trailer(CASH). Then I'd just like to be mom. And if I work a few shifts a month to cover the costs of their sports, I could even increase to more shifts once the childcare is done as I wouldn't need to be up at 5 and work 12 hours+. I could easily do 3 shifts a week(at $15/hr..lol) and still be the at home mommy, and help the house budget! I'm very excited. I was just praying to find a way to pay these fees, adn this fell in my lap! How good is that!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ahhhhhh I love those prayer come true stories. How great for you!!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Congratulations!! That sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you and your family. I hope that it will all work out for you.

·
27,948 Posts
Good for you! You've got the spirit, needed extra money for something special & found a way to pay for it & have some fun. :thumb:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
That is great!!! I would say you were at the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Wow sounds like a great plan, glad your excited about it, I would be too :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts