Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daniel has a fever and has been sleeping since 8 or 8h30 last night. It's almost 11h00 am here...

I know with all the stress he has been going through for so long, being anxious and all, I guess he is exhausted. His body probably decided to stop for a while. I know he's got some virus or something, but I have never seen him sleep so much in my whole life...:eek:

I will surely take him to the dr as soon as he wakes up, or maybe I'll wake him up...? What do you think?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
He just woke up...His fever is down, but he has his throat that hurts when he swallows, his stomach hurts if he coughs or touches it and he has a bad headache...mmmm....I don't like this...we're going to the clinic...

I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I was just going to post. I would let him sleep but go to the dr when he wakes up!
Hope they can get him back to normal fast!

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Lucie, take him to the clinic as quickly as you can. There is just too many things going around Canada not to have him checked immediately.

Please keep us posted and I'll be praying for him. :hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.:heartsm: You're so right CJ!....Eating lunch quickly and on my way to the clinic!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank-you Pat and Carolyn.:heartsm:

We're back from the clinic. The dr. thinks he has the *streptocoque* virus (again my spelling may be wrong) He has all the symptoms of this, but no signs of a cold. She made a culture of his throaght. We will have the results tommorrow morning. If it's positive, he will be taking anti-biotics.

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts and prayers. I'm sure he will be his very active self, very soon! ;) Ironically, I like to have him so quiet...since he's awake, we've had a great time, talking together. He is so calm and so am I...no arguing for this or that.:)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I'm so happy you took him to the clinic. Hopefully Daniel and you will be feeling better soon! :hugz:

Thanks for the update Lucie.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I hate strep ! I hope he gets over it soon... We had it enough here before dd had her tonsils taken out that I know what their breath smells like when they have it..... (there really is a weird smell to strep) ..... Glad you are spending some good time with him, it rare enough when they get to be that age.....
Get better soon Daniel !!!!!!
:angel:
Keep well Lucie !!!!!:angel:

·
27,948 Posts
Hope your feeling better soon Daniel.:heartsm:
No fun to have your kids sick but I do admit that I sometimes enjoyed the calm quiet times too. ;)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Lucie, I am so happy that Daniel will soon be on the mend! It is so hard when our babies are ill, no matter how old they are. Give Daniel a hug from all of his FV aunties and give yourself a hug from us too.

Take care and get well soon!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there really is a weird smell to strep) .....
...I thought he had a funny breath....so that's what it is. Thanks Lori.:)

Thank-you so much everyone for all the encouragements and hugs and all! You are such great friends! :grouphug:

Daniel was very happy to hear that his FV aunties were sending him hugs and get well messages. He was suprised:)

Thanks everyone. :heartsm:

Lucie(((hugs))) to you all!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lucie,
I'm so glad you got him into the clinic. Strep is nothing to mess around with. I was misdiagnosed (I had strep and they didn't do a culture) with it as a child and ended up with Rhuematic Fever and heart damage from that and was told I could never have children and had to have limited activity, be on medication for the rest of my life, etc.. God is good though! I prayed for healing (yes, as a child) and God healed my heart. No more hole, no scar tissue and it's perfectly healthy! My cardiologist said it was a "God thing"!:D
Tell Daniel to drink lots of fluids, get plenty of rest and that his FV Auntie Debbie is praying for him!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Hugs and prayers, hon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts