Frugal Village Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Cat Food

I bought a bunch of very expensive cat food on sale with coupons for .49 a bag and threw it in the freezer to keep bugs out. Should keep it good for awhile. Oh, BTW, if anyone has a Menards near you they have an Iams dog food rebate right now where you get it free after rebate-limit 2. With the coupon, they pay you to take it out of the store.

Dog food can go rancid.

·
Registered
271 Posts
We rarely eat rice, so I haven't bought any . . .

But as far as stockpiling goes, I did email the Dave Ramsey show to get his "take" on it! If you want to listen to it (sorry, I don't know how to link it here! :sigh:) you can go to the Daveramsey.com archives. It was on the Thurs., April 24th show, about halfway through. Basically he said stockpiling may save a little bit, but it takes up a lot of room and just delays the inevitable that at some point you will run out and have to buy it again, or the item goes bad. He said he doesn't stockpile or see the need for it!!! :surprise: I was shocked, given the recent news everywhere about food prices going up! I have saved a TON of money by stockpiling when the prices were really good, or when I have gotten free items with coupons. I'm a huge fan of his and have agreed with him 100% of the time, but in this area, maybe he just doesn't get it??!! :shrug2:
I don't agree with everything he says, but I do agree with that.

It doesn't save me money because I never end up eating everything I buy if I buy a lot of it. I found I save money by just buying what I need as I need it.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts