Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:clap:

You all deserve a huge pat on the back for doing so well this month!!
I am so proud of you!!

If you celebrate it, start thinking about Halloween, and what you are doing for that hurried and hassled evening.

Does everyone have a menu plan in place for this week?

Mine is as follows:
Sunday: Pancakes/Bacon
Monday: Potato Chowder
Chuck Roast/Potatoes/Carrots
Tuesday: Spaghetti/ Meatballs/Sauce
Wed:????
Thursday:???
Friday:???

I have some work to do from the looks-Take out Pizza is NOT an option ;)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Sunday~ Homemade Chicken & Dumplings
Monday~ Tortilla Soup
Tuesday~ Chicken / Rice
Wednesday~ VICTORY MEAL (no cooking)
Thursday~ Re-Runs (leftovers) Before the game
Friday~ Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (on the go)

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I'm in again this week, but a friend wants to go to lunch and a movie this week. Ugh! Whether we go all depends on how ds acts/behaves the next couple of days (determines whether or not he gets the privilege of going to lunch and a movie). Otherwise, all meals should be at home. Dh and I are just about to sit down and make a menu.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I can't believe how well I've done with this challenge. I've stuck to my once a week eating out.I feel so much better and have even lost about 4 pounds :D

I think I may try for eating out once every 2 weeks.....baby steps...but I'm doing it!!!! :yippee:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I am back to try again!:) We have done really well here except for this last weekend.....we went to visit my Mom and ate out the entire weekend! So I am starting over again today!

Monday~creamy italian chicken
Tuesday~LO lasagna
Wednesday~chicken fajitas
Thursday~CORD-if there is any, if not.....hamburgers
Friday~tacos
Saturday~homemade pizza
Sunday~roast chicken

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm going to be trying again this week. I do know that we will be eating out on Wednesday night since that is our Youth Group night and the boy's band will be playing there. No time to grab anything from home when I get off from work. The other nights I do plan on having dinner here at home.

Tonight we are doing Teriyaki Pork chops cooked in the crockpot while I am at work, rice and corn with apple slices on the side.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I' m in again. We ate lunch out on Sat. We were at Universal Studios. This week all meals will be from home.

I can do this!:cents:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes You Can!!!:toothy:

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Tomorrow won't be a problem now. Ds misbehaved so badly yesterday that we're not giving him the privilige of lunch and a movie tomorrow so that means no money spent!

Dh and I still haven't made a menu plan though. Ugh! I have no idea what we're having tonight - have to get something figured out soon.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I'm going to give it a try this week. We did plan to eat out on Saturday. It's been a Halloween tradition. It will cost a little more that normal, but it's the one thing my son asked for, for his 18th birthday, which he spent sick in bed, so we didn't go and then it just didn't work out for graduation either, so we're going Saturday.

Monday - Steak & rice for dh and boys, I had a turkey sandwich and chips.
Tuesday - tater tot casserole
Wed - fish, rice and veggie
Thursday - chicken rice and veggie
Friday - leftovers or pizza
Saturday - dinner out

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:smball: Welcome welcome welcome!! :smball:

I think that it is great your ds is finally getting to go out for his well earned meal!!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:bump:

How is everyone doing???

I have done well and we have only eaten food not cooked at home once this month.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
This has turned out to be an awful week for me!!:bang: Nothing I planned happened!!! I am forgetting this week and starting again next week!!!!:)

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh Blanche-I am sorry you have such an awful week!! Yep-We will be starting over again next week!!!

:grouphug:

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I forgot tonight is the family fun festival at our former church! Ack! They usually have pizza, nachos, etc. for sale (nachos are usually 50¢ so the prices aren't expensive). I'm sure we'll end up spending just a bit while we're there. Otherwise we've not eaten out all week. Yay! :hurray:

·
Registered
691 Posts
We have not eaten out at all this week. We have an unexpected trip to Los Angeles today or tomorrow, not sure when we will drive up there. My godfather pasted away & the viewing is sunday. So we might have to eat out. How many times, I'm not sure.

I can do this!:cents:

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Not a good weekend.We ate out last night (after trick or treating) and again tonight. Had some family down to visit and just got lazy and ate out.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
My menu is done, I don't cook them in any order it depends on how busy my day is.

pan fried chicken and pasta salad

broccoli cheese soup and dinner rolls

easy slow cooker pork chops w/ baked sweet potatoes and vegtables

kellie dogs w/ beans and pickled beets

quiche w/ rolls and fruit... (tonights dinner dh has to bring dd back to school we will be eating late)

spicy chicken w/ mashed potatoes and vegtable

either steak or spagetti one night which ever i feel like cooking

1 - 19 of 19 Posts